At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As an Associate Director, Global CALQUENCE/Hematology Training, in Gaithersburg, MD you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through four key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
This position is responsible for the oversight, strategic direction, and leadership of the curriculum and assets to support Global market needs. The incumbent will collaborate closely with his/her counterparts across each OTD Division Lead to ensure an alignment of business operations within the therapeutic areas. Through the efforts of his/her team members, the Associate Director of CALQUENCE/Hematology is expected to develop a consistent service delivery brand that is evident in all learning and development assets created. The incumbent will work with sales, brand, clinical and other cross functional leaders to create training and development strategies and ensures alignment with business unit priorities to program objectives.
Success factors for this role include effective leveraging of resources in both markets and outcomes for learners and stakeholders than can be translated into tangible business successes both in the U.S and in Global markets.
- Works directly with internal stakeholders, training managers, US and Global leads to understand current and future learning needs of the business.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams to develop a scalable global training program that meets launch and life cycle management goals of key global customers.
- Leads the identification, deployment, and promotion of the most effective and innovative practices across the department and globe; including launches.
- Leads teams to evaluate program metrics as a means of determining training impact in areas for growth and of success.
- Supports team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports Innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery.
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts.?
Key Interfaces - Internal:
- Oncology TA, VP, U.S. and Global
- Oncology Brand TA Leads (Global)
- Learning & Development Managers
- Director, Oncology Diagnostic Managers
- Medical Information Managers
Key Interfaces - External:
- Vendor Partners
- Key Opinion Leaders
- Clinical Decision Makers
Position Requirements - Minimum:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of a blend of pharmaceutical/biotech/oncology experience
- Demonstrated competency in medical learning & development and science liaison teams
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional and virtual team environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities
Position Requirements - Preferred:
- Advanced degree in medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences or a related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of Oncology experience
- Minimum of 2 years of Hematology experience
- Experience in global markets
- Experience in pharmaceutical product launch
- Minimum of 3 years of a blend of management and/or training experience
- Knowledge of instructional systems design
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Consultative abilities; demonstrated experience identifying internal client needs and making appropriate recommendations for the most effective L&D solutions
- Communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with stakeholders who do not speak English as a first language
- Negotiation abilities; demonstrated experience working with leadership across functions to identify common areas of need and gain consensus on forward strategies that will deliver desired results
- Technical breadth across multiple disease areas; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author persuasive communications
- Strong project team management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective procurement and planning of resources and establishing viable project milestones and final deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve functional area challenges
- Demonstrate accountability to deliver performance while managing multiple priorities; overcome obstacles to successfully achieve performance results
- Prior people leadership experience demonstrating ability to influence and lead others to success
- Demonstrated ability to utilize widely-known business software applications (e.g. MS Office Suite) to organize, analyze and synthesize information
- Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.