This role will act as the lead financial institutions analyst in the CreditEdge Research Group. The role involves producing entity and sector research for publication, based on publicly available and proprietary data sets. The successful candidate will also serve as the subject matter expert for the development of a new financial institutions product that will be sold to Moody’s Analytics’ clients. The remit is global in nature.
- Provide timely and relevant published research on topics related to the creditworthiness of financial institutions, as well as sector trends in general. The research will be based on aggregated entity-level financial data, market signals such as equity prices and bond and CDS spreads, economic data, and proprietary Moody’s Analytics metrics.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the development of new financial institutions-based products.
- Support the Moody’s Analytics sales effort via client outreach and internal and external presentations
- A bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or a related field, MBA or graduate degree in a financial field preferred.
- Five to 10 years of financial institutions analytical experience, ideally in a buy or sell side role, and ideally with a record of publishing research on a regular basis.
- Experience with, or a sound understanding of, the capital markets (particularly fixed income).
- CFA desirable.