$100K — $200K *
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Management, the Associate Director directly oversees the functional areas of building services, faculty/staff housing, custodial services, carpentry, heavy equipment, and vehicle maintenance. Provides supervision, training, and evaluation of supervisory staff and related programs.
or salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a member of the senior leadership team of the unit and works collaboratively within the team to incorporate best practices that are in line with the division's strategic, operational, and policy goals and objectives.
2. Working through supervisory level direct reports, oversees the functional areas of building services, faculty/staff housing, custodial services, carpentry, heavy equipment, and vehicle maintenance.
3. Maintains staffing to effectively accomplish goals and objectives of assigned areas.
4. Works with the Director, Facilities Management to plan, oversee, and participate in the development of departmental work plans. Ensures the best use of resources to meet objectives as measured by the operational and financial performance of the assigned units.
5. Provides supervision, training and evaluation of supervisory staff and related programs.
6. Supports best practices; monitors and improves performance of staff.
7. Provides technical directions to multiple groups in the installation, operation, daily repair, and maintenance of campus facilities. Ensures compliance with University, state, and federal laws, policies and regulations.
8. Manages the operations of building services: interior and exterior building maintenance, key and locksmith services. Develops and implements goals and standards for building services.
9. Manages the operations of custodial services to ensure all university facilities are properly maintained and cleaned in accordance with appropriate health and safety standards. Develops and implements goals and standards for custodial services.
10. Manages operations of carpentry shop. Develops and implements goals and standards for the carpentry shop.
11. Manages the operations of heavy equipment shop which includes the maintenance of streets, drives, walkways, storm drainage, and signs. Develops and implements goals and standards for the heavy equipment shop.
12. Manages the vehicle maintenance operations of the department which includes the maintenance of trucks, cars, vans, UTV's, mowers, and small machinery. Develops and implements goals and standards for the vehicle maintenance shop.
13. Receives, investigates, and resolves customer feedback to ensure the highest level of service is provided to campus.
14. Coordinates projects with other University departments/divisions, outside contractors, and State and Federal Agencies.
15. Develops and establishes procedures and objectives consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient operation of individual functional areas.
16. Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of procedures, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
17. Provides cost estimates on major projects, and provides input for the building maintenance budget each year.
18. Confers with professional staff regarding areas of responsibility and university-wide issues. Prepares and presents reports as appropriate.
19. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility - Supervises others with full supervisory authority.
Education: Bachelor's degree Focus: Engineering or Architecture.
Experience: Seven (7) Years Focus: Progressive experience related to duties and responsibilities described above.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
Indicated experience is required; no substitutions allowed.
Valid through: 9/25/2020