As Associate Director, External Affairs, focusing on our US Corporate Social Media and Digital channels, this position will be responsible for the development of the US corporate social media and digital strategy and partner closely with Corporate Affairs colleagues to ensure a steady cadence of engaging content targeted to key external stakeholders. The individual in this role will also plan and execute content management of the US corporate website, including posting of all US press releases, as well as ongoing content updates and improvements.
The ideal candidate works well at both the strategic and tactical level and possesses a strong blend of strategic planning skills, influential stakeholder engagement, strong communication capabilities, and experience executing against measurable deliverables. This individual will need to successfully collaborate and engage with others, provide advice and counsel on external communications strategies and approaches, and execute against a business aligned social and digital strategy.
- Manage all publishingassociated with the US corporate social media and digitalchannels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, US blog, US website) using a centralized internal platform for social media and a content management system for web
- In collaboration with Corporate Affairs colleagues, create content for the US corporate social mediachannels that is supportive of overall business objectives and aligned with strategic priorities
- Ensure all US corporate social media policies are updated in agreement with compliance and other internal stakeholders
- Partner with Head of US External Affairs and other team members to enhance our executive social media engagement strategy and implementation
- Consistently collaborate with various other parts of the business, including HR, therapeutic area/brand teams
- Partner with Global Corporate Affairs colleagues as needed to ensure appropriate alignment of US and Global social plans for news flow, milestones and overall social media engagement activities
- Oversee day-to-day channel management and monitor for any response or reporting needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Communications or Public Relations
- 5-10 years of relevant experience managing social mediachannels and online platforms
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about social and digital media
- Ability to navigate complex and matrix organizations and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Occasional travel
Job reference: R-048741