Position at VMLY&R
VMLY&R is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
At VMLY&R we’re reframing traditional planning for a more connected age. We have assembled a talented and diverse team of experts and are looking for a Associate Director, Experience Strategy who will be an active part of this growing global group.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Start by framing that the consumer/member as a human being not just another customer/VIN.
- Know both the industry and competitive landscape of connected brands. Report out on trends and recommendations to support the overall product strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the consumer/member and their behaviors by interacting with them via field research along with analytics and consumer segmentation analysis.
- Know the product and services we offer – thoroughly understand the benefits of the products and services that we are offering through the eyes of the consumer
- Partner with the analytics team to analyze and test experiences/features for the FordPass and Lincoln Way apps.
- Ability to understand the needs of today, and strategically look to the future for both FordPass and Lincoln Way as it relates to features and interactions.
- Collaborate with UI/UX teams and product owners to insure the different organizations are educated on the product strategy
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities if applicable
- Work with the team to define the correct approach to pre-launch testing, piloting, and validation of features.
- Provide quarterly competitive reviews for both the automotive space as well as broader competitive set, with a focus on identifying leading experiences and potential changes in industry-accepted design-patterns.
- Own the day-to-day relationship with the clients, specifically the product feature leads. We are here to help our clients be the best they can be.
- Work with internal and external teams to keep collective knowledge and design-patterns in step with contemporary customer expectations of apps and connected digital ecosystems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of market research, consumer insights, and technology trends.
- 7-10 years minimum experience with consumer engagement, digital and mobile strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead through action/doing.
- Experience in developing programs that combine vision with strategic principles and tactical ideas.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and strong attention to details.