At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Our Digital Technology organization is searching for an Enterprise Platform Support Services Manager to lead a team of experts responsible for enterprise systems including ERP, Manufacturing Execution and Engineering infrastructure services. Platform services are focused on enterprise integration, availability, capacity planning and budget.
This position is focused on the enterprise systems within P&W and how they interoperate with key business & business critical systems in the managed private cloud landscape. This team is responsible for oversight of and partnership with key service providers to deliver superior performance and availability to the P&W business customer.
Additionally, the team supporting SAP Application Security reports to this manager. Duties of the team include strategic capacity planning, participation in process improvement initiatives for related contracted infrastructuresupport, and root cause analysis (RCA) on related high priority opportunities.
Duties include establishing and articulating technical requirements for enterprise systems architecture to satisfy future business system initiatives, supporting the enterprise architecture for critical business initiatives. You will be responsible for representing the IT architecture requirements to maximize the effectiveness of service delivery providers ensuring that the overall IT supportprocesses and outsourced services accommodate business requirements.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required - preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- Advanced in Technologydegrees preferred
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Networking, IT, Engineering or Computer Science
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Minimum 7+ years of general project management experience related to Enterprise Systems or Infrastructure Technology
- More than 1 year of leadership experience with direct reports or managing technical teams and/or contractors
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years of advanced project management experience related to business systems, networking and infrastructure technologies within a large corporation, leading technical project steams, strategy and implementation
- Overall understanding of enterprise architecture and standards
- Core SAP and SAP products including SAP HANA, ECC, BI, SCM, GTS, SCM, AII and Solution Manager
- SAP bolt-on products and system interfaces and their impact on the infrastructure
- Core iBaseT Solumina MES systems and Siemens TeamCenter PLM systems
- Operational budgetary responsibility for infrastructure equipment and services
- Cloud technologies including virtualization (VMWare), orchestration & automation, and provisioning portals, high availability techniques and best practices minimizing planned maintenance outages
- Experience managing an outsourced workforce and/or cloud-based service providers such as AWS of MS Cloud
- Operating systems knowledge including Red Hat and Suse Linux, Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of technical computing infrastructure technologies, including servers, storage and wide area and local area networking
- Working knowledge of the runtime environments of key business applications
- System monitoring and alerting technologies, IT system security techniques and policies
- Knowledge of Internet facing technologies, including web services security
- Working knowledge of P&W standard business, engineering and manufacturing applications, with an ability to correlate the impact of business workload against system performance behavior
- A history of project management, process development and/or implementation that span organizational boundaries is important
- ITAR and Export regulations as they apply to IT asset access control
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Ability to effectively influence and direct the actions of those not within the direct reporting chain is essential
- Advanced interpersonal skills required including good written and oral communication capability
- Ability to perform with high energy in fast paced environment with agility to adapt to changing business needs
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- You're a great teammate with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- Executive presentation experience and comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership. Lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experiencepreferred.