The incumbent will work within the existing equity sales team, interfacing with the energy research team, as well as Scotiabank’s equity sales desks in Toronto, Montreal, London, New York, Boston and Singapore.
The individual will be responsible for communicating and, at times, generating the firm’s best energy investment ideas to deliver to global institutional investor clients.
The individual will also represent Scotiabank with corporations in the industry in a variety of capacities, including the execution of institutional road show marketing, investor meetings and industry conferences
• Deliver the firm’s energy research to institutional clients, recommending specific investments that correlate with the client’s investment style.
• Develop knowledge of clients’ needs and requirements and coordinate firm's efforts to serve client organizations.
• Help maintain and increase the agency and new issue commissions derived from energy trading.
• Facilitate the broadening and deepening of the overall Scotia relationship with the assigned client organizations on all equity related products and executions services.
• Create insightful detailed commentary on the energy sector.
• Work closely with research, sales and trading colleagues to deliver coordinated service to clients.
• Respond to specific client requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Recommend investment ideas, in conjunction with research, that engage institutional investors and help in the process of realizing attractive investment returns.
• Assess investment risk of different investment opportunities and assist clients in determining downside risk as well as upside potential.
• Keep track of ongoing irregularities and fluctuations happening in the capital markets.
• Identify scenarios and market trends that result in trading opportunities.
• Position Scotiabank’s energy analysts to be successful in presenting their ideas to institutional investor clients.
• Distribute new issue products to the clients.
• Maintain ethical behavior at all time, and comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
Strong knowledge of the energy sector and the overall equity market and products.
Demonstrated sales experience in Equity Sales and Trading.
Strong modeling capabilities a definite asset
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work.
Well-developed organizational skills in order to respond to shifting priorities on multiple projects.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong analytical skills to take advantage of numerous databases.
Education / Experience
Ideal candidate will possess a relevant bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualification and have an excellent academic and professional record.
Considered an asset to have completed Masters-level/MBA education.
5-7 years of related experience.
CFA or equivalent designation is an asset.
Requisition ID: 22590