Associate Director Energy
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
In our Energy Practice, we understand that the energy landscape is evolving. Emerging technologies and societal demand promise to reshape not only the energy we use, but also how we use it. Navigant collaborates with energy industry clients to help them build, manage, and protect their business’ value. We help our clients anticipate where the energy industry is headed and how they can improve performance, grow, and address consumer and regulatory demands.
Our experts’ unparalleled depth of industry experience provides insight into business models, regulatory processes, pricing, supply and demand
dynamics, market design, fuel sourcing, financing, technologies, and operations. The breadth of our industry knowledge offers a full range of solution offerings, from insights to strategy and on to
implementation. We provide sustainable results to help our clients thrive in an ever-changing environment.
The Compliance Services Team Consultant is responsible for contributing to the Compliance Services Team efforts in providing assistance to clients to meet NERC compliance and enforcement requirements. This includes assisting in efforts enhancing clients understanding of compliance processes, addressing registration issues, developing internal compliance programs, audit preparation, and assessing approahes to violation mitigation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential clients and initiate outreach to develop client leads into project engagements;
- Support the Compliance Service Team service line development activities, including the development and revision to business plans;
- Support the Compliance Service Team in the development of promotional/marketing materials;
- Develop or assist in the development of Develop thought pieces, publish in appropriate industry journals;
- Contribute to Compliance Service Team initiatives, such as participation in webinars, workshops, industry meetings and client outreach efforts;
- Assist (or lead) in client engagements to ensure timely and accurate deliverables;
- Regularly participate in Compliance Service Team calls; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of post graduation professional experience, including research program management experience
- Strong interest and broad knowledge of electricity infrastructure and clean technology research issues
- Government contract management experience
- Masters degree in Science and Engineering or related discipline(s)
- Highly developed organization and management skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of self-confidence and determination
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Ability to travel and work overtime hours as needed