Associate Director - Drug Safety and Preclinical Science Administration
Req ID #: 37073
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director for our PK, Acutes, ADME, IV, Infusion, Second Shift, NBS, and Safety Pharmacology Teams located in Mattawan, MI.
An Associate Director is responsible for the overall management of laboratory operations in respective areas.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and completing annual performance review on or beforedue date; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative, productive relationships with Study Directors, staff, and operational management in all divisions through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assists in strategically and creatively providing both short- and long-term solutions that will support continuous improvement in all aspects and divisions of operations.
- Leads/Assists in project management.
- Organizes, plans, and maintains budgets and spending vs. revenue for departments.
- Reviews and approves SOPs and SOP revisions.
- Ensures SOPs, protocols, and study procedures are in compliance with the FDA, USDA, DEA, NRC, AAALAC, EPA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Assists in workload assessments and ensures the laboratory has appropriate equipment and resources to carry out functions.
- Assists in the development of new capabilities.
- Authors qualitative and quantitative justification in partnership with the business for additional capital expenditures, human resources, or others to meet the needs of the Product Lines. Possesses experience with ROI calculation, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Key Performance Indicators and other asset management tools.
- Ensures employee workplace safety meets company's standards.
- Promotes and supports the vision and mission of MPI Research.
- Supports, informs, and carries out directives of upper management.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Associate Director position.
- Bachelor’s degree/HS diploma/GED and 14+ years of relevant experience with 8-10 years of management experience.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to make quick decisions; then communicate decisions effectively.
- A desire to learn new techniques and train others in a team environment.
- Ability to lead and manage staff in growing and changing environment.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.