Prime Medicine is seeking a highly talented and motivated scientist to fulfil the role in DMPK with expertise in oligonucleotide or biologic drug discovery and bioanalytical assay development experience. Working knowledge of ADME and PK/PD modeling is preferred. Core competencies include an ability to function in an interdisciplinary and fast-paced startup environment coupled with a proactive and collaborative approach. The ideal candidate will also work closely with the delivery group and should have a good understanding of the mechanistic barriers to in vivo delivery of large mRNA cargo and areas of research to improve safety, potency, and manufacturing.
- Work closely with the therapeutic development team to evaluate the biodistribution of prime editing
- Work with program teams to plan, coordinate, and execute small and large animal studies (eg non-human primate) both internally and with contract research organizations to monitor drug levels in circulation or various tissues
- Establish state of the art methods for quantifying drug levels in various biological matrices
- A proven scientific leader with 5+ years of industry experience in pharmacology/DMPK
- Direct industry experience with siRNA, mRNA, ASOs, gene therapy or gene editing technologies is preferred.
- PhD in Pharmacology, System Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- Experience conducting both research and IND enabling nonclinical studies in multiple species- mouse, rat, NHP
- Prior contributions to assembling pharmacology/DMPK sections of regulatory documents (IND/CTA)
- Outstanding teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team leadership experience with a demonstrated track record of personnel development.
- Therapeutic expertise in oncology, immunologically-based or rare genetic diseases highly desirable.
- Experience with lipid nanoparticles, mRNA, or AAV delivery