Associate Director/Director, Patient Advocacy
Commercial Operations Cambridge, MA
Who are we? Acceleron is a Cambridge-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. The Company’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body’s ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research and development efforts in hematologic, neuromuscular, and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, the Company and its global collaboration partner, Celgene, are developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. Acceleron is also advancing its neuromuscular franchisewith two distinct Myostatin+ agents, ACE-083 and ACE-2494, and a pulmonary program with a Phase 2 trial of sotatercept planned in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment to be part of our success. In this role, you will embody Acceleron’s commitment to patient-centered drug development, with responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with patient advocacy organizations and ensuring that the needs and insights from these relationships are reflected in Acceleron’s development pipeline strategy. Reporting to the Vice President of Market Development, you will be able to apply your passion for serving the patient community to ensure that this critical stakeholder perspective is included in Acceleron’s product development. You will be the key point of contactfor relationships with patient organizations and will act as the “voice of the patient” to educate internal teams and champion patient-centered ideas and programs.
What will you be doing?
- Developing a proactive approach to managing and cultivating relationships with patient communities across multiple disease areas
- Providing strategic insights based on understanding the patient perspective to help realize Acceleron’s goal of true patient-centered drug development
- Create and implement innovative programs with external stakeholders to meet patient community needs
- Present at Acceleron meetings and Company events to educate internal colleagues on the patient perspective
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience patient advocacy or healthcare non-profit setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to articulate ideas in a cross-functional setting
- Demonstrated passion for supporting the patient communities
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, science or related field
- Familiarity with the drug development process
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across all functions and levels within the organization