The Associate Director/ Director of Scientific Training and Development is responsible for the development of a core scientific and clinical training educationcurriculum for Medical Affairs. The position will be responsible for the gathering and dissemination of Alkermes’ scientific and clinical training materials across Medical Affairs.
- Leads and supports the strategic direction, development and implementation of the Medical Affairs training and education programs that enhance and improve the skills and competencies of Medical Affairs personnel in partnership with Medical Affairs leadership
- Will coordinate with the National Directors of field Medical Science Director Teams, toidentify training and education needs
- Regularly assesses the effectiveness of training and communication processes to determine whether objectives are being met
- Identifies areas for improvement and develops action plans to address findings.
- Develops and implements appropriate processes and documentation for training (e.g. Training Matrix).
- Coordinates pre and post congress preparation (e.g., reviews all Alkermes data to be presented, creates and maintains company attendee list, compiles slide deck from MSD conference report for internal presentation)
- Coordinates new hire onboarding for Medical Affairs
- Evaluates and recommends specific internal or external training programs or modules to be used and assesses external consultant programs
- Works in collaboration with Scientific Communication Product Leads (SPL) on the Scientific Platform for each produc
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the development and implementation of a Medical Affairs Training and Education Program (with input from legal, regulatory and compliance)
- Identifies training needs or selects training programs to continually provide updated information to Medical Affairs
- Establishes processes to identify scientific training and skill development needs
- Designs core scientific and clinical curriculum for new hire and ongoing training & development
- A Medical Affairs representative to the Sales Training Department, Marketing and Sales Leadership to develop and coordinate the role of Medical Affairs at Sales Meetings and Speaker Trainings as needed
- Coordination of presentations for Sales Training for new hires
- Assists and coordinates with the SPL on the development and training components of the Scientific Platform for each product
- Advanced, doctoral level degreerequired: PharmD, MD or PhD
- Psychiatry and addiction training/experiencerequired
- Clinical experience (hospital, patient care focused) is preferred
- Basic skills and experience with scientific data/literature review required. Experience presenting / publishing scientific data is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience in related areas (Medical Affairs, Research & Development, Pharmacology)
- Previous experience as a professor, preceptor or other scientific teaching role preferred
- Experience leading projects and interacting with cross-functional teams is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated capability for scientific, creative and strategic thinking, championing ideas for positions, and an ability to present and maintain fair-balance during scientific discussions.
- Ability to assess and respond to clinical information, scientific/medical concepts and intellectual property, and to present a fair balanced highly clinical, scientific and professional profile of addiction and mental health disorder therapies and products, and any other therapies and products of interest to Alkermes.
- Ability to expertly communicate skills both in writing and via formal presentation.
- Uses past experiences and learning to determine how to deal successfully with the future.