$150K — $200K *
Decibel is seeking a qualified leader with extensive experience in AAV biology and production to establish and lead the company’s internal vector capability. This functional group will be dedicated to the production of research-grade AAV for preclinical experiments and optimization of viral vectors for use in the inner ear. The person working in this position will:
· Establish and lead a high-quality and productive viral vector production team, responsible for:
o External sourcing of plasmids and other key materials
o Internal upstream and downstream vector production workflows
o Establishment maintenance of internal and external QC processes
· Perform hands-on production of AAV for the Decibel programs.
· Provide leadership of and actively contribute to viral vector production, process development, and viral vector analytics.
· Collaborate closely with multiple project teams to prosecute hypotheses and develop novel gene therapies.
· Apply experience with transfection-based AAV process development and train direct reports in these skills as appropriate.
· Evaluate and implement (as needed) emerging technologies in viral vector development and gene therapy.
· Collaborate closely with Pharmaceutical Development scientists to transfer processes and vectors into clinical stage manufacturing.
· Lead and actively contribute to writing of relevant sections of regulatory filings.
· Ph.D. in cellular biology, molecular biology, developmental biology, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, synthetic biology, biochemistry, or related fields; and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience; or B.S./M.S. with a minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience.
· Expert knowledge of mammalian cell culture, virology, molecular biology, and AAV production.
· Demonstrated excellence in the production of AAV using transfection of HEK293 and downstream purification methods (either academic or industrial experience accepted).
· Strong leadership skills and history of training and mentoring junior scientists to create an effective and collaborative team.
· High proficiency in analytics and QC of viral vectors.
· Ability to work effectively with both internal and external collaborators across multiple project teams in a highly dynamic environment.
· Ability to make high-level decisions as they relate to the use of viral vector tools in preclinical research.
· Proficiency in statistical analysis and interpretation of experimental data.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly of complex information and concepts.
Additional Desirable Experience
· Understanding of the biology of the inner ear.
· Familiarity with GMP manufacturing requirements for gene therapies.
· Demonstrated ability to lead outsourced process development and manufacturing at Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs).
· Experience writing regulatory materials to support AAV program progression to clinic.
· Experience with alternate gene delivery technologies, e.g. lentivirus, LNPs, etc.
Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Valid through: 1/21/2021