Associate Director, Digital Health & Innovative Alliances (DH&IA): External SensingDescription
The US Market's Digital Health and Innovative Alliances Team within Strategy and Commercial Operations (S&CO) supports the organization's focus on building innovative solutions with external companies and partners through strategic alliances, collaborations, and other third parties. The role of the External Sensing Associate Director within the Team will:
- Lead the assessment of the US digital health ecosystem on an ongoing basis to identify key trends and market evolutions overall, those most relevant and actionable for pharma and identify new capabilities aligned with US strategic priorities
- Lead the identification of vendor with offerings best aligned with new capabilities being pursued through the capabilities assessment process (CAP), collaboration with our innovation hub and other strategic partnerships with idea incubators
- Ensure that key ecosystem learnings are shared with the entire DH&IA team and other stakeholders
- Own and manage multiple external strategic relationships to ensure deliverables include actionable recommendations and that a comprehensive market picture can be established
- Manage the DH&IA capabilities assessment process (CAP) to ensure prioritized backlog of opportunities and consistent execution of CAPs across the DH&IA team
- Actively facilitate discussions and interactions with external strategic alliances, collaborations and other identified third parties.
- Work collaboratively with GHI, Legal, Compliance, Privacy, Procurement, IT, Finance and other areas as needed.
- This role could include people management
This key position is primarily an internal role but the role will interface a great deal with external strategic alliances, collaborations, and other identified third parties. This role will report into the Director of Digital Health and Innovative Alliances for S&CO. QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA, MPH)
- 5+ years of working experience in the pharmaceutical / health care industry including general knowledge of health care technology and digital capabilities and solutions
- 3+ years of experience working with external strategic partners to assess markets and identify high potential opportunities aligned with strategic priorities
- Demonstrated competency to develop or co-develop solutions or resources that align with strategic organizational priorities and identified capabilities
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and to lead diverse teams without direct authority
- Demonstrated project management and internal process management skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data and insights into user friendly reports and presentations
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in innovative 'white space', and a desire to drive innovation in a complex regulatory space
- Demonstrated skills working in new ways to drive innovative solutions
- 5-10% Travel
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical consulting
- Certified Project Manager (PMP certified or certified in six sigma principles)
- Trained on Agile Process/Scrum Framework
- Experience managing accounts, customers or health care ecosystem stakeholders
- Experience working in a consultative way with internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with budget management and annual budget planning process
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
EBRGEmployees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HEREUS and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. For more information about personal rights under the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment laws, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State ActsU.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5, 2023, employees in office-based positions in the U.S. will be working a Hybrid work consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday and either Monday or Thursday, although the specific days may vary by site or organization, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please note, this Hybrid work model guidance also does not apply to roles that have been designated as "remote".Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails. Employee Status:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
10%Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - DayValid Driving License: