Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney (P&W) Digital Technology (East Hartford, CT) team is seeking an energetic Associate Director, Digital Delivery Manager to lead and manage the EH&S, HR, Communications applications team. In this role you will lead a team of project managers and subject matter experts to drive project delivery and world-class systems support for the P&W EH&S, HR and Communication organizations.
You will collaborate, provide leadership and drive to ensure that their organization consistently meets its objectives on time, to budget, to quality standards agreed. Stay abreast of advances in digital technology and develop relevant strategic plans and project portfolio to drive productivity, streamline compliance and increase revenue. Provide thought leadership to significantly improve application availability and drive operations excellence for global user community. Manage talent, including prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, address skills gap with training, and follow Ethics and Compliance and EH&S procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of digital innovators and problem solving experts
- Build and sustain EH&S, HR and Communications systems roadmaps
- Manage ecosystem of key DT partners to ensure flawless execution
- Deliver portfolio of projects to advance Pratt &Whitney’s business productivity as well as EH&S, HR and Communications initiatives
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time with value and ROI achieved
- Partner with Pratt & Whitney digital teams to foster customer relationships across the enterprise
- Drive continuous improvement through use of ACE principles and practices
- Manage both project and supportbudgets to ensure alignment with P&W financial objectives
- Moderate domestic and international travel (5-10%) may be required
- Due to customer locations in different time zones, customer meetings can occur outside normal business work hours.
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree (required). Preferred fields include Computer Science, Information Systems or related business discipline(s).
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- 5+ years of IT related project management experience leading multi-functional technical teams within a corporate environment
- Advanced degrees preferred
- 7+ years leadership experience in Information/Digital Technology managing matrixed technical teams and technology implementation projects within an aerospace manufacturing corporate environment
- Due to expected travel requirements, you should have a valid US Passport or be able to obtain one.
- Ability to provide strategic technical leadership and lead by influence the creation of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) roadmaps in a virtual environment
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable collaboration, consensus and operational results
- Highly skilled at analyzing business process and seeing opportunities for digital solutions
- Experience in supplier management
- Project Management, SDLC, Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills, work ethic and a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Superb communication skills, written and verbal, with ability communicate in a clear and concise manner across various levels of the organization
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and professional maturity with executive presentation experience, comfortable interacting with senior executive leadership, lead, facilitate and manage change effectively
- Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Certification is preferred along with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments
- You are comfortable working Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Vision and Lync from an installation, configuration and troubleshooting perspective. SAP experiencepreferred.