The Associate Director of Development reports directly to the Foundation President and is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive annual fund strategy that enhances the long-term financial stability of the Foundation and that reaches all sectors of the community, including employees, physicians, and the community at large.
Under the general supervision of the Foundation President, the Associate Director develops and directs marketing and communications strategy, maintaining internal branding communications tactics and serves as a liaison to service lines and departments as directed. The Associate Director oversees stewardship programs, sponsorship activities, and stewardship and fundraising events and provides recommendations and support for community relations programs. He/She oversees media and public relations activities including story development in line with the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Manage portfolio of Annual Fund donors $100 - $5,000, including new, lapsed and occasional donors, with a focus on developing personal relationships and increasing philanthropic support. Lead prospect research initiatives with Data and Gifts Specialist in support of fundraising and campaign objectives and to establish and refresh the donor portfolio.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to record and track all donor-related activity. When appropriate, collaborate with the Directors of Major Gifts and Gift Planning to develop effective donor strategies.
- Develop and manage all direct mail, telefunding and social media solicitation programs, including the annual Associates/United Way Campaign, and TrueSense grateful patient calling program
- Manage Marketing, Events and Stewardship programs
- Supervise Stewardship and Events Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator
- Develop the Foundation’s annual marketing/communications plan and oversee its execution
- Supervise execution of stewardship activities and events, in accordance with the Foundation’s Stewardship Plan
- Supervise execution of all fundraising events
- Assist the College of Nursing in the planning and implementation of their alumni relations program, including their Alumni Newsletter, Alumni events, and other cultivation and stewardship activities. Identify major and planned gift prospects for cultivation.
- Continuously measure and analyze results for success and further development.
- Benchmark Unity Point Health and other healthcare foundations for new ideas, events, and product/process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
A. TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Seven to ten years of development experience with emphasis on annual giving, alumni relations, and data management in a not for profit environment preferred.Demonstrated annual fund and donor cultivation and solicitation expertise.
B. KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate organizational and management skills needed to lead the fund development function into the future. Effectively integrate initiatives with strategic vision. Strong knowledge base in data base management (Raisers Edge or similar program) and records management. Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment .
C. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATION: Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.