Job Description This is a field based remote position.
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. 200 projects currently in clinical development. 16 major approvals last year alone. These are achievements we’re incredibly proud of, but in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
To achieve this goal, the Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation’s Dermatology Franchise is looking for an AD, Dermatology Clinical Sales. This is a Remote position.
The Associate Director, Dermatology Clinical Sales a field sales specialty role responsible for driving disease awareness, education about the different manifestations of psoriatic disease, and properly positioning Cosentyx relative to other approved agents. The AD, Dermatology Clinical Sales will deliver unbranded as well as branded information to prescribing Dermatology (Health Care Providers) HCP’s. This role will be responsible for educating key stakeholders and office staff to improve patient outcomes.
The AD, Dermatology Clinical Sales will have materials designed to support them in their discussions. This role will apply an advanced selling skills approach coupled with high disease state knowledge to conduct total office calls. The role will require a high level of coordination and collaboration with Cosentyx Dermatology Sales Specialists, Area Business Leaders (ABL’s), Thought Leader Liaisons (TLL’s) and other functions (where applicable).
This role is required to cover a large geography and coordinate their concentration of HCP’s with the local Dermatology Sales Specialists and other key Novartis personnel.
Major Activities Include:
Unbranded and branded awareness:
• Deliver in-depth disease education in the Dermatology community to ensure that HCPs and other office staff are well-informed and educated on the manifestations of psoriatic disease
• Maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders in the office to drive patient advocacy and ensure engagement; apply highly advanced selling skills and ability to conduct total office calls
• Attend conferences to engage with targeted Dermatology HCP’s
• Collaborate with Dermatology Sales Specialists to ensure highly targeted and well-coordinated efforts in offices
• Tracks and anticipates environment / healthcare market and industry trends and develops into customer insights
• Tracks changes in the national / regional and local healthcare regulation and anticipates impact on customers
• Educate Dermatology HCP’s with information on innovative ways to properly diagnose and manage PsO and PsA patients across many manifestations and spectrums of symptoms
• Lead efforts with HCPs related to patient education
• Develops deep knowledge of Dermatology customer priorities and challenges
Business and Clinical Acumen
• Demonstrates and applies a highly clinical understanding of disease states and therapeutic areas and impact it has on patients
• Achieve the prioritization of our products in treatment protocols where appropriate. Develop advocates amongst assigned customer base
• Remain on top of relevant and approved indications, disease state and product research in Dermatology arena
• Through customer insights, leverage knowledge of influence network & affiliations to further initiatives
• Understands and aligns customer priorities with business strategies of district, region and nation
• Leverages, where appropriate and in a manner consistent with NPC policy and the law, knowledge of the NPC product portfolio and marketing strategy to plan customer programs
Strategy and Planning
• Prioritizes business strategies
• Implements a well-defined account planning process to deliver short and long term value for the IHD franchise
• Monitors competitor activity and market approaches and adjusts their plan as needed
• Identifies and creates appropriate resources for offices and patients, seeking all approvals necessary to remain compliant
Business Partnering and Influencing
• Gains trust by educating both internal and external associates
• Collaborates with field sales to drive business strategies
• Communicates with and aligns stakeholders at all levels of the customer organization
• Strong compliance mindset with a high level of integrity and ethical judgment
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements What You’ll Bring to the Role:
• Past or current PA/NP certification required. Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. *Does not need to keep certification active to remain in role
• Proven experience in Immunology practice with patients for at least 18-24 months.
• Strong ability to collaborate and demonstrate success working within cross functional teams.
• Proven track record of strong execution and results; detail oriented.
• Strong clinical & business acumen with demonstrated ability to teach others.
• Demonstrated ethical leadership and ability to foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
• Experience in establishing and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and influencers within the market.
• Must have a collaborative mindset to coordinate with other Cosentyx customer-facing field associates.
• Must live within a reasonable distance of the geography. No relocation will be provided.
• Demonstrated a strong business background including:
- Engaging interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities
- Ability to manage complexity
- Impactful communication skills
- Organization & prioritization
- Presentation skills
- Decision making
- Innovation & tactical execution
• Previous industry experience; Knowledge of pharmaceutical marketplace and the governing roles and laws we follow
• Rheumatology and Dermatology experience preferred.
• Background of teaching and influencing others.
• Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare part A/B/C/D plans and state Medicaid in geography.
• Ability to influence without formal authority in a matrix environment.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, participation in our stock program (band eligibility), health insurance, 401K, defined contribution program, 21 days of vacation and personal time, 12 company paid holidays, flexible working arrangements and so much more.....
Why consider Novartis ?:
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis.
Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Job ID 253325BR