Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced professional to lead data science programmanagement of the ImmunoDiagnostics Division. The Data Science Manager will work closely withthe Director Digital Marketing, the IDD Leadership Team, the VPs of the Commercial Operations as well as experts in IT and R&D to accelerate the development and deployment of targeted data science plays to deliver new revenue growth or customer experience opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of business ownership, marketing and commercial acumen, leadership, agility, and communication skills and will have a passion for data, metrics and reporting. This is a hands-on role and candidates must demonstrate the ability to operate and excel at the strategic as well as tactical levels.
- Defines the data science program and supporting processes
- Plans data science plays which transform the way IDD engages with customers, drives demand and generates revenue and ROI
- Engage with IDD’s Commercial Regions to provide hands-on guidance to optimize data science results with a focus on funnel performance, demand generation, margin improvement and customer experience
- Identifies expansion opportunities to include new data sources, channels and customer experiences
- Defines the overall program governance (controls), managing risks and issues and taking corrective actions
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies, management and utilization of resources across projects
- Tracks data science program initiatives against schedule, forecast and objectives, reporting status tocommercial, marketing and executive teams
- Manages stakeholders’ communication
- Develops evaluation methods to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Performs performance audits and health checks on projects and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ plus years sales and marketing industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years in projectand/or program management
- Advanced data analytics and digital marketing experience
- Results-driven with very strong ability to analyze quantitative data to determine programeffectiveness, ROI, forecasting
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail in execution. Ability and willingness to be a hands-on leader
- Extensive experience in data analytics, predictive analytics or artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated results in improving sales pipeline/funnel close and conversion ratios.
- Excellence in organization and planning
- Strong team player with ability to develop effective working relationships across organization: divisional, regional and global marketing teams, sales operations and IT
- Ability to analyze situations, apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and creative solutions.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to understand issues from a broad, strategic perspective.
- Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills, including listening and interpretive skills; strong consultative and persuasive skills; and expertise in working effectively and creatively with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- High standards of ethical conduct and confidentiality in dealing with various internal and external constituencies.
- A track record of delivering complex programs.
- Experience of working within, influencing within, and networking within a matrix environment.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.