Data Governance Group (DGG) is a second line of defense SLoD independent group responsible for establishing Data Management Policy, Standards and Framework for SHUSA Data Management Program (DMP).
DGG independently oversees monitors and challenges data management stakeholders on their execution of data management programs to monitor adherence to policy and standards.
- The Associate Director, DGG provides Risk Data Management subject matter expertise (SME) and financial services industry and regulatory perspective.
- S/He operates within the second line of defense and is accountable for governance and oversight of first line of defense's execution of SHUSA data management programs.
- S/He will assess the effectiveness of the first line of defense adherence to data management policy and standards.
- Define and develop Policy & Standards to manage data across the Santander US in a sustainable, comprehensive and consistent manner. Review, challenge and approve exceptions to Policy.
- Co-Chair data governance working groups and drive communication with enterprise risk management committees.
- Challenge and oversight of data plans while validating that commitment to Board, Regulators and Senior Management can be meet.
- Establish governance routines to track and report progress of the Data Management Program.
- Promote business line awareness of data management frameworks, policies and standards.
- Review and support the execution of data management programs training.
- Analyze existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and perform policy reviews as necessary.
- Perform industry benchmarking and establish guidance for best practice adoption.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field preferred.
- 12-15 years' work experience; Risk Management, Operations, or Controls.
- Risk Data Management subject matter expert (SME) with deep financial services industry perspective.
- Change & Process Management Consulting.
- Experience managing product or service delivery to financial services customers.
- Ability to anticipate the impact of regulatory (i.e. BCBS 239) and other environmental factors and proactively take action to ensure the team/function/enterprise is prepared.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to develop a mentoring culture with both senior experienced team members and junior staff.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Deep knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Demonstrated experience delivering risk execution across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Demonstrated judgement in escalation, ensuring risk-based clear line of sight for senior executives into existing and emerging issues/incidents.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and application of operational risk identification and mitigation practices and procedures.