Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Summary of Role:
- The Cybersecurity Architect Program Support lead is both a practicing architect and the lead for a one pizza team of cyber architects.
- The Cybersecurity Architect Program Support lead provides a critical support service in the design and development of information systems. The Architect is exected to integrate with program and business development teams to help guide solutions in accordance with Raytheon Technologies standards and requirements. The Architect will identify repeated patterns and develop reference architectures to support future development.
- The Architect recommends, designs, and develops integrated security solutions for multiple systems and projects in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Analyze and coordinate information assurance requirements for networked and standalone systems within environments of varying complexity levels.
- Support the creation of certification and accreditation documentation.
- Ensure system security measures comply with multiple regulatory requirements (e.g. NIST 800-171, ISO 27001, DCID/ICD 503, DoD RMF), and accurately assess the impact of modifications, changes, and vulnerabilities for each system where needed.
- Coordinate their duties with selected Security, Information Technology, and Project Managers on a regular basis.
- The Architect will conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
- Participates in interdepartmental projects and provides leadership as necessary.
- Trains and mentors novice and intermediate Architects, and provides performance input to managers.
- Interfaces with internal and external Security personnel, customers, and management where required.
- Performs other IA-related duties as assigned by management on an “as required” basis.
- Educate users/colleagues on information security topics such as policies, standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Assign, manage, and coordinate tasks for a small team of cyber architects.
10 Years Experience with BS or BA Degree in a technical program desired
Or Advanced Degree with 8 years experience desired
- Degree major in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or other related degree
- Experience in executing leadership and managerial duties (i.e. performance development, career coaching, mentoring, training, resource management, budget management, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
- Experience with the identification, development, and reporting of IA program performance metrics and oversight of appropriate IA policy, processes and procedures
- Knowledge in UNIX, Linux, Windows, and MAC operating systems
- Knowledge in Networking and Firewall technologies
- Experience in the execution and management of Information System’s (IS) incident response and administrative inquiries/investigations in collaboration with the Investigations department
- Experience providing technical security expertise and oversight for complex, cross-domain, heterogeneous networked environments in collaboration with Customers, the Information Technology (IT) Department and other Raytheon Business Units
- Willing to travel on company business
- Experience working with the customer, both internal and external in the development of Basis of Estimates (BOE's)
- Public speaking experience
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers (i.e. AOs, DAOs, SCAs, Program Managers, etc.),
- Experience with any of the following: DoD 8500 series, NIST Special Publications (800-53, 800-37,800-171 etc.)
- TOGAF certified Architect
- Eligibility to obtain a US DOD Secret Security Clearance. Except in rare cases, only US Persons are eligible to obtain US Security Clearances.