Conde Nast is seeking an Associate Director of Custom Insights to join the Global Research and Insights Team supporting Conde Nast’s Consumer Revenue and Marketing organization.
This role reports to the Director, Consumer Insights and will work as part of a cross-functional team (including brand marketing, audience development, edit and product leads) focused on optimizing and growing consumer-revenue for Conde Nast brands such as The New Yorker, Wired, Vanity Fair, and Bon Appetit among others, across both existing and new platforms and experiences.
This person will be a thought-leader, recommending and providing research solutions to drive strategy, address market size, identify target audience, and uncover consumer needs and acquisition/retention drivers. Strategic insights will be crafted and communicated to key internal stakeholders to help guide best-in-class consumer offerings, as well positioned for external constituents to showcase the strength of the Conde Nast brands.
We are looking for a confident individual with a strong marketing research background and an analytical and strategic mind who will bring consumer insights to the center of decision-making to ultimately drive revenue. Successful candidate will have sound business judgment and a collaborative working style and possess strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for driving practical business impact.
- Play a key and active role as the ‘voice of the consumer’ to better enable the creation of holistic strategic offerings that meet consumers’ needs and provide satisfying experiences
- Lead planning, design and execution of research initiatives to strategically grow Conde Nast’s consumer-revenue offerings and extend to support an external narrative
- Proactively recommend and employ a variety of agile qualitative and quantitative research techniques, tools and methodologies to determine facts, uncover problems and identify opportunities -- ensuring findings are actionable
- Work closely with cross-functional leads to define the problem and connect business strategy to research outcome and bring others across all disciplines and levels into the process
- Collaborate with custom insights and secondary research colleagues, and digital analytics teams, to integrate other data into well-rounded insights and reporting
- Actively share learning, communicating up to brand and corporate senior management, and ensure that cross-functional team members are participating in and have visibility into the research process and findings
- Becoming a trusted source that stakeholders rely on
- Ensure integrity of data, findings and recommendations
- Manage team of 1-2 market researchers
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years relevant business experience including 5-6 years hands on experience implementing market research on the vendor and/or client side
- Experience with direct-to-consumer business models such as subscriptions and memberships desired
- Extensive experience working with the appropriate quantitative and qualitative research tools and techniques (including market sizing, segmentation, need states, consumer journey, feature optimization, bundling strategies, pricing models ) and knowledge of when and how to apply each
- Deep understanding of sampling, weighting, and experimental design to ensure all insights generated are valid and actionable
- Analytical, with the ability to draw from data analytics to uncover behavioral insights and inform content and design decisions
- Ability to tell a clear and compelling story, tailored to different audiences and use cases, from research findings and other data
- Confident and enthusiastic teammate and collaborator
- Takes initiative and is constantly looking for new ways to learn and improve
- Adaptability in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment; ability to prioritize, balance projects and adhere to timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and integrity
- Thinks strategically and has strong business acumen
- Experience managing and developing others
- Experience working on global brands a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required