ABOUT BANANA REPUBLICBanana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Director, Creative is responsible for leading the creative development, execution, and output within the brand concept + imaging team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Creative, this role is highly cross functional, requires strong conceptual skill, a deep knowledge of photography, video, design, brand development, production, social media, and a strong sense of operational and business acumen. As both a guardian and an innovator for the brand, this role will serve as a key player in cross functional collaboration and ensuring brand assets created are on-brand, on-brief, and serve to drive the brand and the business into the future.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive aesthetic and conceptual development for brand assets and imagery in all channels to ensure culturally relevancy of Banana Republic as well as being brand-right.
- Define, inform, and evolve brand standards and guidelines for consistent and on-brand execution.
- Partner cross functionally with internal and external partners to drive innovation in brand to ensure relevancy to our customers, both existing and new.
- Lead development of and adaptation of creative strategies which serve both global and regional needs.
- Ensure development of communications which are relevant and responsive to customers, culture, and business.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into creative concepts and designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
- Collaborate with account, production, marketing, and PR teams to keep teams fully abreast of campaign development and execution
- Lead development and execution of presentations that address diverse users/audiences both external and internal.
- Present design work to business partners and senior management. Shape design decisions in response to audience feedback.
- Must have the management and communication skills necessary to function and collaborate productively in large interdisciplinary teams that include creative leads, merchandising, marketing, graphic design and visual merchandising
- Manage a team of creatives, including daily workload and individual development. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, and all marketing requirements are completed on time, and with the highest standard possible, for both internal and external reviews.
- Research and report on creative trends in competitive markets and apply that knowledge and learning to development of new marketing and packaging projects.
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong conceptual, strategic, and innovation skills. Able to conceive and articulate complex concepts in a simple, understandable, and cohesive way which is relevant to the industry, brand, customer, and business strategy.
- Ability to speak communicate and advocate authoritatively on creative, design, branding, and photography
- Deep knowledge of photography and image making, including concept, production, and best practices
- A deep knowledge and passion for fashion, image making, and branding with a highly sophisticated aesthetic sensibility.
- Expert knowledge and deep experience in photography production, casting, aesthetic direction. A strong knowledge of and network in the photography and production industry.
- Obsessive passion for pop culture and social media - its landscape, best practices, business norms and cultural code – you are a social media and pop culture junky.
- An out of the box thinker. Obsessive about innovation and disruptive thinking while able to execute against a larger strategy or brief.
- Ability to balance detail orientedness with the ability to understand and assess the macro view as well.
- Strong leadership skills - particularly proven track record in managing through influence. Strong cross-functional collaboration and team facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously and drive to completion on-time.
- Adaptable and able to work with a high degree of ambiguity and fast changing environment.
- A customer-first mentality and results-driven approach to work.
- Knowledge of marketing materials and processes, retail environments and formats, and familiarity with fashion production processes.
- Expert knowledge of design-related software, including Adobe CC apps. Ability in video editing, motion graphics, CGI, 3D design, AR development are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work closely with senior management and cross functional partners to guide department needs
- Ability to work within the established budget and time constraints.
- 6+ years of art direction / design / creative experience
- 3+ years of management experience