The R&D Innovation Team provides innovation research and management support for all portfolio assets and clinical trials across OPDC with key focus on business transformation through technology integration. The team is charged with innovating and delivering solutions at the intersection of technology and therapeutics to transform OPDC clinical trial model and paving path for therapeutic solutions for patients. We believe we can define the new wave of pharma R&D business model.
The Associate Director within Corporate Projects will be part of the R&D Innovation Team with a primary focus to spearhead pilots focused on innovative ePlatform solutions in clinical trials process. The individual will be a driving force for cross-departmental innovative solutions by collaborating with cross-functional clinical study teams to ideate on new ePlatform solutions and leading implementation of pilots for business transformation.
- Lead Innovative clinical trial ePlatform Pilots as a thought leader and subject matter expert to innovate the clinical trial process
- Lead and manage pilots with clinical study team members to create partnerships within cross functional team members as well as external vendors to deliver Innovative clinical trial solutions with a primary focus to drive next-generation clinical trial process and drug development.Provides support on pilots/prototypes that validate and explore ideas to improve how OPDC conducts and improves its general business through pilots
- Provides support in overall change management initiatives to the business
- Identify areas for employing, building and driving improvements in internal and external communication, leveraging lessons learned and applying technology solutions to establish cutting edge practices
- Support driving “Outside-In” and creative thinking, coordinate engagements with external innovation companies/consultancies, promote and further strengthen relationships with investigative sites, lead efforts to increase patient recruitment, retention and compliance, and actively lead cross-functional pilots/prototypes; and play a key role in transitioning pilots/prototypes to full-scale projects
- Leverage solutions and contribute to the business results as defined in Corporate Goals and supports the implementation of innovative approaches in the day to day execution of clinical trials
- Establish and or manage external innovation partnerships in collaboration with Otsuka’s Business Development
Travel (approximately 10-25%)
- Advanced degreerequired (e.g., MA, MS, MBA, PhD, MD etc.) with a minimum of 5 years of applicable industry experience strongly preferred. Successful track record of timely delivery of innovative business deliverables.
- Strong track record and experience in Pharmaceutical R&D OR strong track record and experience in technology R&D interfacing healthcare
- Advanced communication, interpersonal and alliance management skills; possessing the ability to credibly, knowledgeably and effectively represent and communicate initiatives to internal and external KOLs/stakeholders, OPDC partners and Clinical Investigators.
- Understanding of technological trends and passion to develop innovative solutions that support and enhance OPDC’s competitive edge.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed, multi-cultural, collaborative and self-directed environment.
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a global healthcare company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
In pharmaceuticals, Otsuka is a leader in the challenging area of mental health and also has research programs on several under-addressed diseases including tuberculosis, a significant global public health issue. These commitments illustrate how Otsuka is a “big venture” company at heart, applying a youthful spirit of creativity in everything it does.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Company is a subsidiary of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The Otsuka group of companies employed 45,000 people worldwide and had consolidated sales of approximately USD 11 billion (€ 9.9 billion) in 2016.