As part of the R&D Legal Operations Department, this attorney will provide legal support to the Research and Global Development teams supporting Regeneron's robust drug discovery pipeline. The AD, Corporate Counsel will be responsible for providing advice and counsel on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues related to drug discovery and development. The attorney will serve as a proactive, solutions-oriented ethical counselor to internal Regeneron teams.
As an Associate Director, Corporate Counsel, a typical day may include:
- Providing advice and counsel to teams accountable for clinical studies across various therapeutic areas
- Partnering with our Regulatory, Global Patient Safety and Global Clinical Development teams to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Providing legal support to teams handling GCP non-compliance investigations
- Serving as a subject matter authority on R&D matters within the Law Department and collaborating with other legal functions (e.g., Business Development and Contracting, Compliance, Litigation and Products/Regulatory Law group)
- Providing training to client groups on a variety of legal and regulatory issues
This role might be for you if you:
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, with the ability to communicate effectively across the organization with individuals at all levels of seniority
- Have good judgment with the ability to maintain an objective perspective, particularly when determining the legal risk of clinical matters
- Can work well independently as well as part of a team and can prioritize multiple matters
- Can act with resilience and patience while supporting a complex fast-growing clinical business
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
5 years of proven experience and a BA/BS and JD with excellent law school credentials. A license to practice law in New York or be eligible for licensure as a registered in-house counsel. Experience with regulations and laws impacting the Research and Development departments within the biopharmaceutical industry. These include ICH GCP, US FDA regulations (21 CFR) relating to clinical trials, GDPR and other privacy laws. Working knowledge and understanding of the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act, Anti-Kickback statute, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act a plus. Proficiency in drafting and optimizing Clinical Trial Agreements and Informed Consent Forms. An understanding of biopharmaceutical industry trends, legislative initiatives and their impact on Regeneron
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need. #LI-RE1