Who You Are
You are a leader who believes in helping companies collaborate with customers (patients, physicians, caregivers) to generate ideas, insights and innovation. You have a passion for strategy, brands and consumer behavior, are motivated by the challenge of driving growth, and are consistently seen as a valued consultative partner to your clients. You are seen as a “go to expert” for Oncology and can provide guidance and expertise relating to the range and nature of Oncology therapies. You are curious by nature, analytical, creative, energetic and results oriented. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You have a sense of urgency and are not afraid to push the envelope when it comes to doing your job and motivating team members.
What You’ll Do
The Associate Director, Consumer Insights role will include the following responsibilities:
- Consult with clients and lead team to meaningfully connect the voice of the patient/physician/caregiver to clients’ business objectives in order to drive change and to create impact for the client’s business.
- Demonstrate deep analytic thinking and curiosity by continuously looking for opportunities to build conversations with clients (e.g., surfacing unanswered questions relevant to business objectives, incorporating knowledge of industry trends to place insights into broader, more impactful context).
- Mentor more junior colleagues with regard to Oncology treatment developments and market dynamics.
- Coach and oversee project approaches, analysis, and reporting to distill complex insights and implications to a single narrative within deliverables appropriate for senior-level audiences.
- Participate in internal initiatives to develop company points of view, thought leadership, training, innovative techniques and formats and best practices.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 8years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience in Consulting, Innovation, Marketing, Brand Planning, Consumer Insights, Brand Management or Strategy
- In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in Oncology and the Life Sciences regulatory environment
- Proven experience with qualitative and quantitative research design & analysis
- You have the talent and interest in writing insightful, creative reports that can satisfy a researcher’s need from detailed analysis yet be packaged in a way that engages a senior-level audience
- You are quick to understand a client's business challenge and able to contribute accordingly
- You are able to form a tight, insightful argument and articulate it both verbally and in written form
- You have superb relationship building and client management skills.
- Excellent and proven time management skills; the ability to set priorities and manage expectations
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, creativity, people management, and teamwork skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- You have experience mentoring/coaching others
- You are constantly hungry to learn and grow and have plenty of energy and enthusiasm.
- You are a confident and clear presenter who is at ease with diverse audiences; can deliver presentations and convince senior stakeholders to not just listen, but act upon, your consultancy advice
- Strong MS Office Suite skills (Excel, Word and particularly PowerPoint)
- BA or MBA preferred.