Associate Director, Communications Design
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
As a Associate Director, Communications Design (Media Planning) you are the orchestrator of the Communications Plan, and all its detail. Working with the Director, Communications Design, you oversee the translation of the idea approach into the detailed communications architecture and connected plan, the brand will take to market, tied to culture.
Your role is to curate every detail to create powerful experiences for your client’s brands in market, aligned to the strategy and idea. With strong expertise gained from 4+ years’ experience in an experience planning role (media, content, digital), you have a strong understanding of how communications work in today’s dynamic communications landscape. You think about how ideas work, and what the right vehicles and tactics are to make them spread. You are digitally savvy, and are able to use new technologies, platforms and approaches to give our ideas the right push to create cultural conversation.
As the Associate Director, Communications Design, you will help to manage the delivery of next generation plans. You will work with the Specialty Business Units, and creative partners to design the right tactics for the idea. You will work with strategic audience experts on the right high value audiences to meet the brief. You will work with growth analytics to guide the appropriate high level communications goals required to deliver the business outcomes. You will work with partnerships to identify and vet the short-list of the right channels and partners for the task, you help to make the strategic direction and idea a reality. With this knowledge to hand, you will work with your team to smartly develop the most effective, dynamic ecosystem and budget allocation recommendation to power the idea.
- Responsible for the development of the detailed communications plan to power the idea
- Together with Director, Communications Design present the Connections Design holistic approach to the relevant stakeholders
- Manage the outputs of day to day requirements and workflow of the client as it relates to Communications Design
- Responsible for presentation of client education program around Communications Design relevant marketplace trends
- Responsible for the management and training of design team in communications planning fundamentals
- Responsible for the best practice application of planning approach including key tools and techniques to surface media and marketing intelligence and insights to produce an impactful, culturally rich communications plan across owned, earned, shared, paid (OESP)
- Write and manage outputs from RFP submissions from the Design discipline, in collaboration with Partnerships leads
- Contributor to client Key Performance Indicator (KPI) delivery
- Contributor to Specialty Business Units (SBU) growth and client profitability
- New Business
- Contributor to new business as required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years in integrated planning role in media, publisher / vendor, or communications discipline (digital, content)
- 3+ years of experience in managing or developing staff
- Category or audience experience as relevant per assignment
- Ability to delegate and oversee direct reports
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven problem solving ability
- Ability to work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
Tracking Code : 20150332