- Develop and manage the overall strategic direction, vision and roadmap for U.S data strategy, governance and operating model based on priorities and needs of business units.
- Champion and maintain commercial data strategy and governance principles (goals, objectives, priorities, scope) for all business areas in the U.S.
- Partner with stakeholders across the franchises to identify opportunities for leveraging central data to drive business decisions and business process optimization
- Advise and advocate for, appropriate use of data across Hematology and Solid Tumor therapeutic area, according to industry best practices
- Lead teams to deliver accurate, reliable, and timely data and operational support across key stakeholders in Commercial and Medical Affairs business functions
- Own the relationship and process for acquiring data from third party providers (IQVIA, Symphony, Claims, EMR and Pharmacy data providers, Lab data, Definitive, MMIT)
- Keep up-to-date on emerging data and and integration for pharmaceuticals; anticipates future business needs
- Define and track KPIs and ensure consistent usage to support business stakeholders
- Manage external data operations including sourcing, provisioning, access controls, use-case evaluations
- Develop training materials and supporting documentation to enhance data literacy across the organization
- Continually evaluate the needs of the business and make budgetary recommendations on spend changes with regard to data, vendors or planned analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to coordinate cross-functional analysis and data acquisition
- Establish and evangelize data governance frameworks and GxP data practices across the U.S commercial organization
- Creating SOPs, data specification standards and metrics for vendor evaluation across commercial data assets.
- Developing and driving the setup of Data Catalog and Governance products and associated operating model.
- Building and leading Metadata Management and Governance Automation within the organization with focus on development of next-gen capabilities and innovation culture, driving continuous improvement as well as lean-end-state organization blueprint.
- 8+ years of experience in commercial analytics related fields (data management/governance, commercial operations and analytics, etc.)
- 5+ years pharmaceutical experience with direct experience managing data strategy and governance
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge and experience working in a GxP environment
- Experience and understanding of system validation / software development lifecycle
- Comfortable preparing and presenting ideas and information in a variety of settings
- Must have strong inter-personal and customer service skills
- Comfortable working with a global team, partners, and customers in a change agile environment
- Experience with Data Catalog and Data Quality and Management technologies
- Experience with Database query (SQL), business analysis and technical writing skills a plus
- Skilled in working across multiple systems and processes for issue resolution desired
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Education Required: Bachelors / Masters in Information Management or related field.