The Associate Director, Commercial Data and Analytics role will be a core member of the commercial team responsible for data management and reporting. The Role will set the Commercial data operations and management strategy. The role will be responsible to enable and drive efficient quality, access and management of Data and Reporting environments to meet the needs of the growing Commercial business. The Data environment is a critical to building the commercial reporting capabilities to reduce cycle times for analytical projects, empower advanced targeting methodologies and provide consolidated reporting. This is a unique opportunity to build the commercial reporting function from the ground up.
They will serve as the business lead for the commercial data warehouse and BI analytical tools across the Apellis product pipeline. They will guide the organization on how to successfully manage, access, and utilize data relevant to and generated by the commercial team, so it is effectively leveraged to measure performance and drive key decisions across the organization.
- Partner with IT to provide business input on commercial data warehouse requirements, as well as management of the day to day operations of Apellis’ data aggregation vendor and BI partners
- Partner with IT to ensure integration of commercial data acquisitions (claims, labs, prescriptions, etc.) into the commercial data warehouse (CDW)
- Serve as the business owner for the Master Data Management process within the CDW for HCPs, organizations, and other contact types which includes oversight of the data stewardship processes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and external partners to ensure data quality and integrity of various secondary sources; Performs data inquiries generated by field teams and/or commercial business partners, identifying underlying issues and providing resolution
- Develop, monitor, and maintain business analytics tools to inform the organization on brand performance, sales results versus targets, field execution and establish and monitor KPIs to inform decision making with cross-functional partners: sales, marketing, market access, patient services
- Synthesize data and conduct analyses from multiple sources across key commercial functions (sales, marketing, patient services, market access) to identify patterns, segmentation, trends, root causes, opportunities and threats
- Partner with Business Intelligence to employ new data sources, creative methodologies & strategies to uncover new business opportunities & insights; Continually refine commercial data and system needs and helps to drive program execution to implementation and results delivery to the field organization, marketing, patient services, market access, finance and other internal stakeholders
- Proactively seek to understand business needs, priorities, and scope of work to continually refine and enhance our data analytics capabilities; Lead the interaction with end users to gather business requirements, develop BI solutions, and deliver training to multiple HQ and field-based audiences
- Build interactive dashboards in the BI platform and automate systems/processes in order to turn around ad hoc requests quickly to the commercial team
- Ability to design and operationalize MDM practices for HCPs and organizations
- Experience integrating data from disparate sources such as Hub/Patient Services, Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distributor, 3rd Party Logistics Provider, Pharmacy and Medical Claims data, and Diagnostic Testing Data
- Familiarity with secondary data sources like patient level claims sources, specialty pharmacy, specialty distributors, IDN’s & GPO’s
- Experience designing and developing in different reporting and analytics platforms such as Tableau, QlikSense, PowerBI, , etc.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs to develop dashboards/reports
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a customer-focused ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Vendor engagement, management, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in data management, commercial operations, and commercial analytics
- Rare Disease experience preferred
- Launch experience a plus