The ‘Associate Director, Clinical Vendor Management’ supports Apellis by ensuring delivery of clinical research organization and ancillary services executed with external partners according to contracted specifications including budget, timelines, scope and quality.
This role will build strategic end-to-end vendor management capabilities for the clinical organization.
Responsibilities include fit- for-purpose vendor oversight plans, vendor on & off-boarding, contract management, spend tracking and analysis, relationship management including issue escalation, risk management, KPI/KRI creation & quarterly reporting.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Implement key enablers (tools, templates, processes, metrics) for optimal vendor oversight and management in support of Clinical studies.
- Develop, implement and report key performance/relationship indicators (KPI/KRI; operational metrics, savings, quality, customer service, innovations, e) that are crucial to success for each key vendor relationship.
- Continually seek optimal value in service and innovation from vendors by monitoring vendor performance and return-on-investment metrics
- Manage vendors to ensure their consistent and compliant approach to understanding Clinical’s needs with a focus on continuous improvement and efficiencies.
- Suggest corrective actions to internal clients as risk mitigations.
- Lead cross-fxn discussions for enabling issue resolutions between Parties, review lessons learned and promote best practices for vendor oversight with a focus on quality.
- Provide industry insights, analyses and regular vendor-related updates to senior management
- Collaborate with Finance, Procurement, Vendor Management, Legal and Privacy offices to ensure compliance to Apellis policies
Key Performance Indicators
- Monthly and Quarterly reporting of vendor metrics including vendor performance, improvements, and innovation at pre-defined Meeting intervals (SC/ESC).
- Compliance of vendors to contracts in accordance with internal and external policies
- Adherence of vendors to contracted budgets and successful resolution of all escalated issues
- Accurate budget tracking and forecasting during quarterly financial planning processes.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree, in healthcare or business administration with prior pharma/biotech Procurement or Vendor Management experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/biotech Research & Development organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in maintaining successful vendor management relationships at the $M level.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently with minimal oversight.
- High proficiency level in problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation and team building.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders in a cross-fxn team dynamic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid interpersonal skills.
- Collegiate team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Is flexible to adapt to the dynamic needs of a fast-growing biotech company