$100K — $150K *
The Associate Director (AD), Clinical Operations, supports the operational aspects of all clinical studies worldwide through providing resources, standard processes and direction for clinical trial execution through the direct line-management and oversight of Clinical Trial Managers. This individual works under the direction of the Director, Operational Excellence with autonomy and independence and is part of the CTM leadership team. The Associate Director supports and participates in development and implementation of process improvement activities across organizational functions, e.g., Legal, Global Drug Supply, Global Strategic Sourcing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the operational aspects of global clinical operations by overseeing CTMs and providing direction and guidance
• Hires and provides leadership and mentoring to Clinical Trial Managers
• Accountable for ensuring team member compliance with training requirements in the Learning Management System, Alexion U
• Facilitates and assists Clinical Trials Managers with definition of work specifications, communication pathways, and issue escalations as appropriate
• Conducts performance appraisals and works to develop team. Makes recommendations to Director regarding promotional and developmental opportunities
• Serves as SME to facilitate process improvements in key areas across cross-functional asset lines, includes SOP and work flow development
• Contributes to cross-functional operational excellence efforts through process improvements related to systems and processes
• Leads and/or participates in other department initiatives
• 10+ years of clinical research experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a solid understanding of technology and processes used in drug development
• 3-5 years of people management experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills to manage, motivate, and mentor staff and to facilitate and prioritize tasks and/or work independently
• Advanced ability to work in a matrix environment and develop constructive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in one of the disciplines related to clinical practice/health care, life sciences, or drug development.
Valid through: 12/8/2020