What’s your next step? How will you leverage the study, training, certifications and your energy to help develop solutions to transform the health care industry? As an Associate Director, Business Intelligence at UnitedHealth Group, you can do just that. You’ll lead complex projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. It’s an opportunity to help rewritethe future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and execute entire Healthcare Economics projects from start to finish including problem definition, data retrieval, data quality, architect, model building, discovery, programming, advanced statistical analysis, presentation, education, visualization, and implementation
- Leverage the full capabilities of statistics and Artificial Intelligence to provide insight, to identify value-creating opportunities, to create data-driven clinical, provider network, and product decision making tools, to define risk cohort groups and care interventions, to better understand patterns and risk, and to perform financial due-diligence
- The work is hands-on, project-oriented, self-directed, less structured, and complex
- Work independently and collaboratively with internal customers to deliver technical solutions that add business value and yield actionable recommendations
- Provide analytical, statistical, programming, data management, visualization, and quality control expertise for a wide variety of projects
- Independently design and code SAS programs to extract, aggregate, and analyze data from various sources
- Manipulate high-volume and high-dimensionality data from varying sources to identify patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Drive communications with all key stakeholders
- Improve and extend the analytic methods and capabilities of our current solutions, algorithms, and business processes
As the lead statistician, candidate will also mentor other modelers on the team
Individuals in this role must also demonstrate the following abilities
- Expert ability to breakdown and clearly define problems, and then produce innovative and value-creating solutions that improve decision-making
- Superior client-facing skills: communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and the ability to synthesize complex numerical insights in a straight-forward and enlightening way
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence across organizational boundaries
- Able to independently manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- Self-starting, flexible, adaptable, curious, passionate, innovative, confident, strategic, team-oriented, positive
- Laser focused and significant attention to detail
- Hungry for impact and growth
- Motivated to constantly learn
The challenges here are significant. You’ll be part of an intensely driven and focused team that is accountable for constantly improving business results. You’ll be a trusted subject matter expert who’s called on to incorporate programming and advanced statistical expertise into novel, cutting edge business solutions. This is an opportunity to craft and execute strategic initiatives at one of the largest organizations in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in AI, statistics, biostatistics, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, or similar quantitative discipline
- 8+ years of SAS programming experience demonstrating an advanced/expert level of proficiency
- 8+ years of hands-on computational problem solving experience in a healthcare environment including, at a minimum, extracting data from large relational databases, understanding medical codes, and working with structured, unstructured, claims, enrollment, and provider data
- Understanding how medical and pharmacy benefits impact risk and population health
- Demonstrated success in thinking and working strategically
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing solutions using Artificial Intelligence and visualization techniques (clustering, CARTs, simulation, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, text mining, NLP, etc)
- Hands-on experience working with electronic medical records, care pathways, clinical data, and patient-reported data
- Fluency in other programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java, etc) and experience with multiplestorage and integration technologies (RDBMS, DW, HDFS, NoSQL, Hive, etc)
- Experience with cloud processing (AWS, Google Clout, azure), computer vision (OpenCV), and 3D vision (PCL, etc)
- Master’s degree in AI, statistics, biostatistics, economics, computer science, mathematics, physics, or similar quantitative field of study
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for yearsto come. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with thework we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.