The Associate Director, Business Intelligence solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Associate Director, Business Intelligence requires a solid understanding ofhow organization capabilities interrelate across department(s).
The Associate Director, Business Intelligence describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
The Associate Director of HTA Submissions will provide expectations-exceeding support of the MRA Submissions specific data and reporting solutions. S/he will accomplish this by maintaining and improving a customer-centric culture within the team, operationally organized using Agile (Scrum Agile) principles and by developing and leading a high-performance team.
- The manager will ensure accurate, timely and actionable information to the MRA Submissions team.
- The manager will ensure timely updates to the MRA Submissions reporting dashboards, prioritized by the MRA Submissions team accordingly.
- The manager will lead the team to maintain and improve their own “culture on a page” and ensure continuous improvement with the culture. In other words, with the “culture on a page” in place, the manager ensures that the culture is being reminded, embraced and lived and not just some piece of paper in a desk drawer.
- The manager will ensure open and effective communications with the MRA Submissions team.
- The manager will ensure appropriate growth (learning) opportunities of the MRAA Submissions associates.
- The manager will ensure comprehensive cross-coverage (a minimum of 2 associates) for all critical support functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6+ years of technical experience in data analysis
- 2+ years of progressive leadership and management experience
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to give direction, lead and influence through ambiguity and make sound business decisions
- Ability to lead a team of associates to work cross-functionally on projects
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced in SQL, SAS and other data systems
- Experience with tools such as Tableau and Qlik for creating data visualizations
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Experience creating analytics solutions for various healthcare sectors
Scheduled Weekly Hours