We are actively looking to hire an Associate Director, Business Development for our Newport News, VA location.
- Direct and manage business development activities which establish and maintain an effective customer working relationship with the U.S. Navy and the U.S. Marine Corps, and Pratt & Whitney’s leadership and program office teams.
- Establish a strong understanding of the customer requirements with a focus on fighter, surveillance, rotorcraft, unmanned or manned, and next generation engine applications.
- Assess current and emerging customer requirements and provide business opportunity assessments to Pratt & Whitney leadership and program office teams. Identify, assess, develop and secure business opportunities for the sale of engines as well as the associated products and services.
- Develop business and marketing strategies and conduct business case analysis for identified opportunities. Establish a close working relationship with the customer's requirement organizations to facilitate discussions between the customer and P&W leadership and program office teams.
- Provide functional expertise on mission applications, operational considerations, and translation of mission requirements to optimize Pratt & Whitney’s program office team responses.
- Manage the F135 engine (F-35 Lightning II) business development activities at all levels of the USN and USMC command and operational organizational structures.
- Develop robust customer relationships with the fighter requirements’ organizations with the desired result of the F135 engine as the F-35 engine of choice for the USN and USMC.
- Address Navy and Marine Corps unmanned or manned fighter, surveillance, rotorcraft, and next generation requirements for both new engine applications, as well as re-engining opportunities.
- Identify and pursue those business opportunities appropriate for P&W’s products and services.
- Coordinate business development opportunities and activities between the P&W offices at East Hartford, CT, Washington DC, Newport News, VA, and Lexington Park, MD to facilitate the P&W business development process.
- Coordinate business development activities with the appropriate P&W leadership and program office teams as required.
- During the campaign phase of business development, assist the respective program office team with customer requirements, priorities and facilitate discussions with the customer.
- Serve as a key P&WME team leader that proactively interfaces with the USN & USMC customer and the Naval Aviation Enterprise Team to understand their expectations and meet their requirements.
- Serve as the key P&W leader with USN & USMC customers at key events and build upon existing relationships between P&W and industry partners.
- Play a key leadership role in the formulation and flawless execution for both the Newport News and Lexington Park River P&WME Field Office budgets. Engage CNAF, CNAL, NAVAIR, OPNAV, & DCA Commands.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- 10 years' experience with United States Navy/ United States Marine Corps
- Must possess strong customer contacts & maintain strong professional relationships w/Navy & Marine Corps aviation enterprise key leaders, commands, and operational units.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Managementpreferred
- Recent operational experience as Naval or Marine Corps aviator (Pilot or Naval Flight Officer) (grade 0-6 or 0-5). F-35 aircraft and F135 engine aviation and/or program experience is a plus.
- Familiarity w/Navy & Marine Corps requirements, programming, planning, & budgeting processes are desired.
- Familiarity w/Navy & Marine Corp aircraft carrier and amphibious operations as well as engineering, logistics, and maintenance aviation organization concepts & processes are a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business
Job ID 53517BR