Associate Director Business Development - Healthcare
Job ID 2018-3563
If you’ve ever wondered how you could have a positive impact on millions of people the world over, consider working for The Joint Commission. We want all people everywhere to experience the safest, highest quality, and best value healthcare across all settings—we are working tirelessly to get there and we need more than clinicians to make that happen. If you want a career with real meaning and influence, join our team.
The Associate Director serves as a strategic business partner to the Executive Director with two key responsibilities: 1) develop business development strategies and activities that result in an effective sales pipeline contributing to initial customer growth, program profitability and increased market share; and 2) implement business development actions focused on ambulatory care accreditation, appropriate certification products, and Enterprise value-add service.
- Initiate contact and follow-up with Ambulatory system prospects, government agencies, or corporate customers not yet accredited or certified by the Joint Commission through the established sales cycle in order to close initial customer sales. Also work with existing system/government/corporate customers to strengthen relationships and encourage use of certification add-on options, or other value-add Enterprise services. Use Sales Force for documenting activities and demonstrating results.
- Develop written proposals or presentations for ambulatory care accreditation customers as required. Provide in-person sales presentations for gaining AHC system prospects, government-affiliated contracts, or Enterprise value-added services.
- Promote accreditation or certification and serve as Enterprise representative at conferences (national or state), and other external activities including speaking engagements.
- Develop and provide Enterprise leadership strategic and analytic reports critical to AHC SBU performance and coordination in pursuit of seamless customer service. Examples include quarterly systems update, weekly sales forecasting, monthly open opportunity status, gap analysis coordination with Customer Relations, and coordination with JCR client relations managers. Assists Executive Director in developing and monitoring the sales targets and rolling sales forecast including actual to target variance analysis.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to produce proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Able to organize and respond to complex information.
- Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and metrics-driven environment.
- Ability to develop relationships and encourage influencer organizations (e.g. ambulatory care associations, Federal government agencies) and corporate customers to continue to use Joint Commission accreditation/certification and value-add services, and to extend accreditation opportunities to new organizations.
- Ability to track and coordinate customer contacts via SalesForce -- a customer relationship management software. Contribute to results reporting tracking based on customer contacts.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- Seven to 10 years of broad health care relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the ambulatory segments addressed by the existing accreditation programs preferred.
- Proven track record in sales, business development and/or customer relations/account management.
Must be able to travel up to 30%.