The Associate Director, Business Control & Risk Management is responsible for risk management of the Transaction Banking line of business, specifically around online banking platforms, payments, emerging products, and additional cash management services. Works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs. Executes, reviews, or evaluates controls via the risk and control program and participates in initiatives and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction. Evaluations will require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties toward strategic goals. Reports and escalates as necessary to key stakeholders and drives cultural awareness/ education of risk management practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product and Business Sponsors of new initiatives to ensure risks are identified and controls are in place to throughout development and post-launch.
- Escalate identified trends, events, and incidents; provide insight to causes; and develop recommendations to mitigate.
- Identify areas that need improvement and/or areas where risk tolerances should be adjusted to align with heightened standards.
- Communicate remediation progress to key stakeholders, and influence decisions to align with heightened standards.
- Manage complex Operational Risk process evaluations.
- Shares expert subject matter expertise of payment and other product risk environments.
- Role will require influencing risk mitigation actions and/ or challenging non-optimal decisions. Interactions will include all lines of defense risk teams and have authority to effectively represent the business division.
- Spearhead multiple risk programs and identify execution risks and recommend alternatives to meet strategic objectives, specifically around new products and product enhancements.
- Role has authority to negotiate with business on actions, process alterations, and quality execution designs and must influence business into better positions.
- Metrics Management: Participate in / lead initiative with business stakeholders in identification and creation of risk indicators/controls. Collaborate with business leaders to define data /metrics used to measure risk.
- Risk Management Culture: Consult (and influence corrections) with management regarding risks, exposures or control profiles and maintain contact with 2nd LOD peers to help define communications of risk culture/ tolerances.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience;
- 12-15 years of experience in Risk Management, specialized experience/expertise in payments and online banking channels, experience in risk functions, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
- Act as mentor and exhibit solid leadership skills.
- Effective and decisive decision making skills as well as ability to build consensus.
- In-depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends.
- Strong communication skills to assist in influencing and directing a team and/or collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Ability to anticipate the impact of regulatory and other environmental factors and proactively take action to ensure the team/function/enterprise is prepared.
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages.