AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com
. Follow @abbvie on Twitter
The Associate Director, Business Compliance will play a key role in supporting AbbVie's industry leading Sales and Marketing team, which are on the cutting edge of the Healthcare industry. As part of the industry's leading team, we are focused on synergizing business and compliance objectives to increase agility and gain a competitive advantage in an evolving marketplace. You are more than just a title, you are... A strategic thinker: align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive. First class team player: collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Partners with all levels of key business functions (members from sales, marketing, legal, etc.) for compliance-related activities. to provide moderate to complex OEC and functional policy interpretation and provide guidance on the requirements.
- Conducts compliance risk assessments, trend analysis and provides recommendations for compliant business activities.
- Develop and deliver regular and ongoing training and education to the Commercial Organization. Provide data analytics and reporting related to monitoring findings and other compliance observations to internal stakeholders as well as external regulators.
- Conducts moderate to complex policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and functional procedures ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance.
- Assists OEC Director/ECO on compliance audits, when necessary, such as overseeing the fulfillment of auditors' requests and acting as a liaison between the business and auditors during on site activities. Expected to evaluate and help respond to moderate to complex preliminary audit findings and recommendations, and to guide the business in preparing corrective action(s) to address moderate to complex findings and recommendations, and work with the business to ensure timely completion.
- Provides guidance on proposed business strategies and programs, identifies moderate to complex legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with legal and other functions, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of AbbVie's business, the current compliance environment, and the broader business impact.
- Participates in and may lead moderate to complex cross-functional OEC programs.
- Manage and maintain database of compliance observations.
Significant Work Activities
- BA/BS required. Master's, JD, PharmD or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance; 2-3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or medical deivce industry preferred.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical sales role and buy & bill experience preferred.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Travel
Full-timeJob Level Code
ICEqual Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.