We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor’s B2B organization empowers partners in the Hospitality industry to better serve and delight Travelers through our B2B product portfolio including our Meta Auction, Hospitality Solutions and Media Solutions business lines.
We also recently launched Tripadvisor Plus, which is a first-of-its-kind travel membership program. By offering guests exclusive discounts and perks, Tripadvisor Plus gives Hotels another way to attract ready-to-book travelers on the world’s largest travel guidance platform.
As the Associate Director of Analytics in our B2B organization, you will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing datasets across our product portfolio to provide business intelligence solutions for Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Operations teams. In this role, you will work with our GMs of the respective business lines, and with our Business Line Leaders (BLLs) to better understand and serve the business as well as functional leaders in Engineering, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Strategy and FP&A to ensure that the team successfully executes on its mission and vision
You will also partner closely with our Vice President of B2B Operations to provide insights which will be turned into actionable outcomes for the business. You will manage our team of action-oriented data analysts, lead and promote our data-focused culture, and act as a key stakeholder in enhancing our data technologies. This position reports directly to our Vice President of Data Science and Analytics, and is also directly accountable to the global head of our B2B organization, our Chief Commercial Officer. This role is expected to have a high impact on the organization.
We are looking for a very experienced, quantitative, business savvy, and articulate Associate Director of Business Analytics to lead, mentor, and grow a team of exceptional data analysts. Under your leadership, the team will be responsible for uncovering insights that explain business performance and/or drive the business forward, and influence internal stakeholders in Finance, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations. The ideal candidate thrives on uncovering insights hidden in data, has a consultative mindset, and is used to partnering with teams across an organization. He/she must be a motivating leader that is able to select and focus on high-impact, complex data projects. The candidate will have extensive experience delivering complex, cross-departmental analytics projects on time, monitoring the accuracy of the data, driving adoption and measuring impact to business in SaaS and recurring revenue businesses.
- Manage, mentor and grow a high-performing team of data analysts
- Create opportunities for team skill development & career progression, including practical training in consultative skills, analyst workflows, and technology platforms.
- Develop standards for the team and a coherent approach to intake and prioritization. Identify early gaps in resourcing and project with reliability turnaround time. Ability to increase velocity of delivering insights without sacrificing quality.
- Align and balance the demands of competing business leaders ensuring that we're spending resources on the top priorities for the business vs. nice-to-have analyses. Bring a practical bent to analytic problem solving, identifying the most efficient solution to complex reporting challenges.
- Create a plan of action to automate / convert reports from Excel to Tableau or Looker where possible to avoid manual updates and boost overall efficiency of the team.
- Create connectivity to the Data Engineering group so that there's a shared understanding of what data needs to be added to our Data Platform and in what formats in order to make the data ready for business requirements.
- Ability to work with senior/executive leadership on data priorities. Creating end-to-end views of the business that enable deeper understanding of customer experience and business performance.
- Able to prioritize conflicting demands; able to prioritize large number of requests/requirements from diverse group of end-users; able to set expectations to broad group of internal clients
- Able to think big-picture about business intelligence analytics and visualization, linking many different teams' data
- Collect, manage, and analyze user, sales force and product data
- Ensure and improve data quality, integrity, accuracy, and utility
- Collaborate with all teams to find growth levers and optimization opportunities
- Define business questions and provide business intelligence
- Align the strategy for your Analytics teams with our business strategy with a focus on creating partner value
- Partner to establish a long-term roadmap for providing deep business intelligence for the business lines you support
- Drive data-driven decisions and advance our data-focused culture
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math, or any other related field
- Experience working in a B2B organization.
- 10+ years of experience in data analytics
- 4+ years of experience managing direct reports, cross-functional teams, and leading managers.
- Experience working directly as a change agent within an organization. You are no stranger to setting, driving towards, and meeting organization wide goals and KPIs.
- Experience as a thought leader within an organization. Working closely with executive teams to impact and drive change is a large part of your expertise.
- Ability to work cross functionally, knowing which levers to pull to bring your strategies to the table and execute successfully.
- Experience running complex testing platforms and using a/b tests to create long term value
- Strong analytical, statistical, and quantitative background.
- Strong technical capabilities with knowledge of data warehouses; Snowflake, and/or BigQuery, ETL processes, and data integration tools.
- Experience in data visualization frameworks (Tableau, optionally Looker) is a must
- Advanced SQL, also having Python would be a bonus.
- Great communication skills and stakeholder management