Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
The Associate Director, Application Systems Development for Boarding will be responsible for Project Development Delivery and 24x7 Production Support of our major front-end boarding systems. This development team consists of approximately 13 team members spanning two locations in the Denver area.
Our Boarding Applications provide the interface between users and our back-end systems. There are many current demands for development to enable boarding across all processing platforms. The challenge is to quickly enable our products so our sales teams can advance to market with new features/products quicker than our competitors.
Must provide workforce planning, development estimates, and delivery schedules for development projects of all sizes and complexity. Responsible for maintaining our 24x7x365 boarding systems with zero downtime expected. Responsible for scheduling of projects and hitting the committed project dates.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead a highly technical team supporting application system development, ensuring effective requirements gathering, testing and support is maintained.
- Be responsible for the architecture, design, and health of our Merchant boarding systems while maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Be able to modify, adapt or devise new work methods or procedures to meet different situations not previously encountered. Requires ability to adapt or combine known methods, systems, services or operating concepts to new situations.
- Demonstrate wide latitude for decision making solutions, implementing strategic long-term objectives, based on consideration of business, industry and or technology trends and opportunities.
- Must effectively manage and mitigate challenges of matching priorities and timelines associated with yearly initiative funding against resource, skillsets and timeline constraints.
- Must effectively and creatively solve for technical solutions delivery against critical business needs.
- Must have the ability, experience and knowledge to explain, justify, negotiate or settle matters involving controversial issues regarding their assigned area of responsibility.
- Must have close communication and collaboration with but not limited to Product Development, GTS, PMO, Senior Business Leaders, Operations Staff/Leaders, and all Application Teams/Leaders
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 8years of related professional experienceincluding a minimum of 3-4years’ experience in a managerial position.
Desired Skills and capabilities:
- Capacity planning and workforce allocationexperience.
- Experience with corporate governance & Strategic planning, software development lifecycles, testing and application support.
- Demonstrated ability with meeting multiple tight delivery timelines
- Ability to Travel up to 10%.
Location of Position: Broomfield, CO or Aurora, CO