This position is responsible for leading the sales force analytics capability at Exact Sciences using customer-level promotion response data, salesforce interaction data, profile data and other information. This position is responsible the creation, design, and implementation of the sales force analytics strategy. Specifically, this position will be responsible for the support of the Veeva implementation with our IT and Data strategy teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and execute the sales force data infrastructure and strategy to elevate the data analysis capabilities at Exact Sciences.
- Lead analytics innovation.
- Develops and continuously improves reporting and tracking mechanisms (tools and processes) to support effective and accurate sales force data analysis.
- Works closely with business partners to ensure prompt and timely (monthly) reporting to senior management.
- Provides high quality and timely analytical support for projects, strategic initiatives, business development proposals, and other investments.
- Assess and improves the functions reporting processes and quality. Develops, analyzes and reports on- going key management, business and profitability performance metrics.
- Leads team including but not limited to: organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Lead, grow, and support a regionally based team.
- Escalates to Senior Management any quality concern on a timely manner.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to travel occasionally, as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a science or related field.
- 9+ years of experience in Data Analytics function in positions of progressive increasing responsibility and scope and demonstrated strong performance.
- 3+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated success in employee development, coaching, hiring and performance management.
- Direct or consultative experience in the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Advanced ERP systems, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with Veeva and Salesforce.com.
- Skillful at supporting cross-functional cooperation and building strong working relationships across business unit/operating teams.
- Independent and objective thinking to properly evaluate, communicate, educate, influence and gain cooperation in reaching consensus, decisions, and action.
- Results orientation and initiative; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Ability to positively lead and adapt to change and operate in a dynamic organization.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree.
- Consulting experience.
- Strong understanding of marketing and multi-channel (relationship marketing and digital) execution, KPIs and associated data; statistical methods and testing; and test/control design; understanding of sales promotion strategy and execution.
- Functional knowledge of statistical programming and/or query languages (Python, SQL, R).