Responsible for overall leadership of Illumina’s Warehousing, Delivery, Materials Management, Inventory Control, Receiving, Shipping, and Customer Experience operations across the Americas region. Responsible for defining the overall warehouse and materials function and driving continuous improvement to surround manufacturing and R&D with support and facilitate execution. Responsible for sales order processing out of AMR, both external and internal, and inventory movement to the Illumina distribution network. Responsible for receiving direct and indirect materials and delivery internal to Illumina, including iPrime services. Partner with global Warehouse and Logistics resources as a subject matter expert and primary representative for the AMR region.
- Develop and implement processes to proactively manage the order fulfillment operations through rapid growth, both internally and externally.
- Lead a team to drive safety and compliance across warehouse operations including training and preventative measures.
- Lead a team consisting of managers, supervisors, inventory control specialists and material handlers, third party logistics providers to own and execute all warehouse, inventory control, materials and shipping & receiving functions across AMR campuses.
- In partnership with the Director of Warehousing and Logistics and Supply Chain Center of execution,
- Establish work processes that support ILMN’s objectives in a cost effective manner
- Set KPI, and metrics to monitor and drive improvements
- Own service level both internally and externally for delivery of product and management of inventory
- Partner with procurement and suppliers to create a flow process of materials into the warehouse, driving efficiency and effectiveness of receiving and inventory storage.
- Ensure compliance with SOX, GMP, ISO, trade compliance and all quality, safety and regulatory requirements
- Manage and execute inventory control processes, scrap process, and RMA process.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function and drive continuous improvement.
- Oversee performance metrics and drive project to create sustainable improvements.
- Ensure proper and effective response to shipping inquiries.
- Monitor and track all shipments to/from Illumina and work with customs to resolve/prevent clearance delays.
- Generate reports and complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities include:
- Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
- Create and manage budget for department
- Directs the activities of two or more sections or departments. Has significant influence in terms of costs, methods, and staffing. May have subordinate supervisors.
- Frequently interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to influence & negotiate, at times during sensitive situations
- Resolves and/or directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems.
- Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
- 10-15+ years related experience including shipments and cold chain constraints, materials, inventory control and warehousing & distribution competencies through hands-on experience, warehouse management system (WMS) expertise preferably in a Diagnostic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP and manufacturing resource planning (MRP) systems, word processing, spreadsheets, project management, Microsoft Excel and Outlook, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), product specifications incoming inspection procedures.
- Excellent math, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field.