ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These may include, but are not limited to:
Alliance Management (external-facing)
- Serve as primary point of contact to partner for specific sub-teams or activities
- Participate in and/or lead internal cross-functional sub-teams
- Maintain program specific timelines and deliverables, including critical program, financial and communication milestones
- Monitor deliverables and timelines to ensure meeting development activities per timeline and proactively communicate risks to the Program Lead
- Facilitate cross-company teams to ensure alignment on clinical and regulatory strategies, supply requirements, etc.
- Monitor and ensure on time delivery of all contractual financial aspects of alliance with Finance, including progress reports, forecasts, etc.
- Support the development and updates of the alliance partner business plans annually
- Identify new business opportunities within existing partners by conducting the “molecule matrix” analysis
Program Leadership (internal-facing)
- Support the development and execution of ENHANZE partner integrated program plans
- Ensure timelines and milestones are met per plan
- Deliver supply requirements per plan
- Identify resource gaps and communicate to program lead
- Identify program issues and work with program lead to facilitate timely resolution of development challenges
- Identify risks and work with program lead to develop mitigation plans
- Support annual reporting and audit management as needed
- Manage project authorizations and scope of work, track project costs and timelines
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Halozyme's ENHANZE drug delivery technology and drug development processes for our partners
- Follow the industry, partners and competitive landscape to continually evaluate current and future opportunities within current alliances
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide input to the portfolio prioritization process and participate in other key strategic business decisions, as necessary and requested
- Communicate timely status reports to key personnel, both internal and external
- Facilitate inter- and intra-team communications during the execution process
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, pharmaceutical drug development or related; Master’s and or PhD preferred with at least 10 years of experience (an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered)
- Experience in alliance management desirable or managing high level cross functional teams or other external relationships
- Experience in 2 of 3 of the following areas: clinical development, product commercialization, program management or project management in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry
- Must have knowledge of such principles as GMP, FDA guidelines
- Experience influencing teams, both internal and cross-company, in a matrix management environment is essential
- Recent experience with a smaller entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- Strong experience in problem solving skills, analytical thinking, and visionary skills
- Solid understanding of timelines, human resources, and budgets necessary for clinical trials is preferred
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Equipment: PC, scanners, facsimile machine, voice mail and e-mail systems, and common office machines, or ability to be trained. Knowledge of other equipment required: NA
Software Knowledge: Windows, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Works collaboratively with other department managers to achieve company goals
- Works closely with Finance to integrate alliance partnership finances
- Attends major scientific meetings as required, and builds and maintains relationships with key personnel
EFFORT REQUIRED/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Physical Activities: On a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
Laboratory Activities, if applicable: Biology and chemical laboratory environments experience needed. Environmental health and safety requirements also apply.
Travel may be required up to 15% of your time