The Associate Director of Accounting Operations leads the Finance organization that manages ERP system administration, procurement and transactional processing for Supernus. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this role is responsible for advancing the company’s ERP system capabilities and managing a group of finance professionals responsible for procurement, travel & expense, corporate credit card programs, accounts payable and treasury operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
ERP system administration and capabilities
- Design, implementation and administration of the Supernus ERP transactional platform.
- Team manages user provisioning, training and meta data for the enterprise financial systems including Microsoft Dynamics AX, Concur and other related systems.
- Partners with the Controller, IT and business owners to improve transactional operations and reporting.
Procurement, corporate credit card programs and T&E
- Team manages the Supernus procurement process for select spend categories and administers the PO creation process to ensure efficient business operations.
- Management of the travel and expense process including Concur system administration, corporate T&E policy, user helpdesk, corporate credit card and P-card programs.
- Supports government spend reporting for healthcare provider payments.
Accounts payable and treasury operations
- Manages the accounts payable department and automation of the procure to pay process including invoice automation and AP helpdesk. Review and approval of payroll files.
- Vendor file maintenance and management of annual 1099 filings.
- Manages payment file automation for ACH, wires and checks and optimization of the banking/treasury operations.
Corporate policies and Sox controls
- Support the Controller with the establishment and monitoring of the Company’s procure to pay policies.
- Maintain SOX controls and compliance and assist team with external auditor requests.
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance required, Information Systems degree preferred.
- 8+ years minimum relevant work experience with a public company required.
- Deep understanding of financial systems and experience in ERP system design and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX (or similar manufacturing ERP environment) and Concur preferred.
- Passionate about business excellence and continuous improvement in processes.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Confidentiality and Integrity - must be able to represent and model integrity within the organization. Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel required.