Who We Are
Burwood Group is not your average technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven, industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds. Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the business outcomes achieved.
What You'll Do
As an Associate DevOps Tools Engineer, you will be utilizing and evolving Burwood's operations management and monitoring tools to provide customers with best-in-breed monitoring of all servers, applications, network devices and connections. This role provides you the opportunity to work directly with customers when on-boarding them into Burwood, setting up a baseline of monitored devices and tuning thresholds and events to the customer's needs.
In addition, you will be:
- Researching new technologies and industry advances in infrastructure monitoring.
- Integrating the monitoring tools with the complete suite of Burwood's tools through RESTful APIs:
- Infrastructure Monitoring – ScienceLogic
- Cloud Monitoring, Logging and APM – StackDriver, Elastic Stack, Instana
- Network Automation - NetBrain
- Service Management – ServiceNow
- Managing and supporting the production tools environments, and our customers, including troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades, both in hours and through out of hours, on-call support.
- Performing training for customers and Burwood staff on our tooling solutions
- Leveraging Agile delivery approach with Scrum methodology
Who You Are
- As an up and coming infrastructure engineer, you enjoy coding and are looking to move into a role that provides opportunities to learn and integrate new technologies.
- You enjoy problem solving and finding creative solutions
- You are a collaborator, who enjoys working as part of a highly integrated team.
- You enjoy coding and scripting, preferring to find creative ways to automate repetitive tasks.
The Tech Stuff
- 1+ years' experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Experience using databases such as MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
- Previous experience with monitoring technologies including ScienceLogic, SolarWinds, Nagios, etc. nice to have