About the Role
True Fit seeks an Associate DevOps Engineer to join our team and help operate, automate, and deliver our True Fit service platform. Successful candidates will be part developer, part systems engineer, part systems administrator, and a whole lot of drive. This role involves just about everything that goes on behind the scenes – from monitoring the health of our clusters, to automating data feeds, to performance testing, and maintaining uptime.
- Build and administer Linux servers in the public cloud (currently AWS, Google Cloud Platform experience welcome). True Fit lives entirely in the cloud. The right person will be familiar with cloud based infrastructure and platform services (such as RDS, EC2, Cloudwatch, Lambda, Route53, VPCs, etc.).
- Manage deployment and running of our application software. True Fit utilizes the cutting edge in analytics engines and methods in our systems. We need someone willing and able to context-shift and maintain a varied knowledge base.
- Automate the world. If it needs doing more than twice, it needs to be automated. Build, deployment, monitoring, testing, and infrastructure are all within our automation sphere.
- Analyze and troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues. True Fit's environment demands a sharp mind and thorough analytical skills.
- Monitor and measure system performance. The heart of any well-tuned system is a known system. True Fit must understand what's going on under our hood and requires someone mindful of details.
- Work with other departments to design and build operations-friendly software. While our operations infrastructure may provide the guts of the True Fit machine, our product & support people, engineers, and scientists, provide the heart, mind, and soul of what we do. We'll need a person who can liaise with other departments, understand their needs, and collaborate to find solutions.
- Security mindset. Security is at the center of everything we do. The individual in this roles should understand security best practices and always be on the lookout for ways to make our platform more hardened.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a system administrator, network engineer, build engineer, or software developer, or equivalent educational training.
- Proficiency in the Open Source Ecosystem. We're looking for a person passionate about open source technologies and proficient in that ecosystem. You can expect to work with and be responsible for Ansible, HAProxy, Nginx, Apache, Memcached, Jetty, Hadoop, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Syslog, GPG, Jenkins, LDAP, Terraform, and many more.
- Familiarity with Linux. An excellent candidate will have experience with administration, development, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Scripting skills in at least one of; shell, python, perl, ruby, etc. We live and breathe by our code and processes. We need someone that can speak our language.
- Familiarity with commercial cloud hosting platforms a plus. (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Some datastore knowledge or interest. True Fit's data collection is vast and varied. We need a person with relational database acumen to conceptually understand what our data models. PostgreSQL or MySQL are preferred. NoSQL knowledge (MongoDB) or big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, or Hive, would be a plus as well.
- Knowledge of configuration management / desired state frameworks. Our systems are built by our code. We're looking for a person with knowledge one of the following or a similar solution; Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related experience.
- Strong listening and communications skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a can do attitude that wants to learn and grow.
Benefits and Perks
- TrueFit offers our employees health care, paid time off, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and professional development opportunities.
- We also provide in-office meals, a fully stocked kitchen, an open office full of fun, generous, and friendly people, plus company outings.