As an Associate DevOps Engineer at PowerSchool, you will support hosted customers and be responsible at varying levels for software installations and configuration, continuous systems analysis, technical customer support, systems administration and database administration for the SaaS server technologies used in the hosted environment. Work includes installation and configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of application servers to meet user needs and maximize system performance, availability and security of all hosted systems.
- Perform daily system administration tasks to verify that all systems are up and running.
- Installation and configuration of software in virtualized environments to ensure high availability.
- Monitor and troubleshoot application issues to ensure high availability, optimal performance, and system responsiveness.
- Troubleshoot application performance issues and engage Help Desk or IT Support as needed to identify and resolve the issue.
- Complete periodic application software updates and software version upgrades.
- Install and configure new customer environments as needed.
- Troubleshoots problems with user accounts, printers, and application access.
- Performs database monitoring and troubleshoots database performance issues.
- Uses customer management system to provide status on open customer issues and properly verifies when an issue can be closed.
- Able to communicate effectively and work as a team member to manage all hosted systems used within the environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Bachelor’s degree in another field and 1 year related professional experience
- Knowledge of Citrix, VMware, and SQL Server; demonstrable proficiency or professional experience in same a plus
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, and has good listening skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes.