As a DevOps engineer, you will automate everything supporting our online and offline platforms. You will bridge the gap between product, engineering and infrastructure by building intuitive, reliable and efficient automations.
We're obsessed with reliability and automation. We measure and monitor everything and have a culture of continuous learning and improvement. You must have passion for the art and science of DevOps, release management, performance monitoring, operations excellence, delivering frequently and system uptime.
This is a great role for someone who believes in creating automation, driving simplification and creating a rock solid, five nines culture.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Automate everything. Develop next generation continuous integration, continuous delivery, auto scaling and resilency capabilities. Build proactive monitoring and alerting tools. Provide standards, documentation, and coaching to developers.
- Make developers happy. Improve and refine support systems to help our developers build more robust applications
- Develop, test, and implement our configuration management system to fully automate our infrastructure
- Continuously improve our software delivery processes and tools
- Manage our cloud deployment and configuration across production, staging, and dev/test environments. Help build out of our cloud environment.
- Develop scripts, metrics, and applications to automate and improve operational processes and availability, scaling, and security of the production environment
- Troubleshoot stability and performance issues
- Participate in one of our 24x7 on-call teams
- Strong familiarity with Agile methodology
- Hands-on experience building deployment pipelines and automated testing environments
- Strong programming and scriptingexperience in multiple languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, Shell, Perl, etc. End-to-end knowledge of various web technology stacks
- A passion for making everything repeatable and automated
- Willingness to cross over into the app stack, treat infrastructure as code and work with SCM solutions (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet), Kubernetes, APM tools, Log Analytics, etc.
- A love for documentation, and a passion to leaving things better than how you found them
- Expertise in systems, databases, or Networks (layer 3 and higher).
- Thorough understanding of best practices related to performance, disaster recovery, security and monitoring
- 3-5 years of industry experience with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment, security and infrastructure as code for world class consumer facing production systems either as a DevOps Engineer or Production Engineer
- 1-2 years building and managing cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Bachelors, or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Job Number: 2018-6799