This position will be focused on creating CAD (Creo) models for turbine development projects.
- Estimates the man-days required to complete the project.
- Prepares a design layout by drawing/model the components based upon provided information with consideration given to the functional efficiency and cost of the design concepts.
- Prepares graphs and performs specific engineering calculations as aids in determining sizes, shapes and other indicators of design efficiency.
- Designs special tools, jigs and fixtures necessary for the assembly, disassembly and shipment of equipment.
- Answers questions and interprets design concepts and layout details resulting from processing of drafting projects and equipment.
- Analyzes design specifications, requisitions, and unit layout drawings and/or 3D models to identify the requirements of drawings.
- Analyzes design requests and discusses requirements with the requisitioner to identify principles and offer suggested revisions.
- Checks completed drawings for pictorial, dimensional, structural, and functional wording accuracy and inclusion of all necessary information.
- Returns drawings for correction or additions, instructs others as to the corrections and additions needed and rechecks corrected drawings.
- Prepares release forms, work orders, bills of material and otherrequired paperwork, secures signatures and certifies drawings. As required, discusses problems and questions with Engineering and Manufacturing.
- As assigned, analyzes the requirements for a complete drafting project to identify necessary drawing changes and the need for new drawings, searches files, assigns segments of projects and individual drawings to others, provides instructions, reviews progress, answers questions, and checks completed drawings and bills of material.
- As required, prepares layout drawings and/or 3D models to verify specifications and to serve as guides for the preparation of finished drawings.
- Presents drafting procedure and product change suggestions for consideration and review.
- Maintains related records and files.
- Performs the functions of a Drafting Project Administrator, Checker, Draftsman, and Detailer when required.
- Associatedegree in Specialized Technology and a minimum of twelve (12) years of drafting experience with mechanical related activities.
- 5-10 years of design and engineeringexperience; knowledge of turbomachinery components is a plus.
- One to two years’ background as Senior Draftsman within Elliott or equivalent background at another company.
- Proficient computer skills in: Basic PC skills, MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Creo or Pro/E.
- Show leadership, decision-making and communication skills.
- Exposure and understanding of development, manufacturing, test floor, inspection, application, marketing, project engineering, project management, service engineering, production control and purchasing.
Job ID P01617