Description: We are seeking two associates to support the Mass Torts and Industry-Wide Litigation team in defending large and small companies and insurance carriers in mass tort actions, multi-district litigation and individual products and general liability actions. Either position can be based in our NYC, Uniondale or White Plains office.
- Taking and defending depositions on a regular basis
- Research various issues and collaborate with senior attorneys about strategies
- Draft memoranda, pleadings, motions, etc.
- Participate in trial/ADR planning and preparation
- Represent clients at courtroom appearances
- 4-7 years of deposition and courtroom experience in toxic tort matters required
- One position requires NY admission; other position requires NY and CT admissions
- Must have familiarity and experience with NY Courts
- Excellent research skills, writing skills and verbal communication required
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Must have flexibility for frequent travel
- Military experience a plus