Opportunity at a Glance
Are you passionate about student success and in making a positive impact on future nurses? Most nursing schools incorporate tools for building nurse-patient relationships into their curricula. Chamberlain College of Nursing has gone a step further and made care of students a part of our educational culture, with the belief that extraordinary care of nursing students will lead to extraordinary patient and family care. This concept of Chamberlain Care™ is demonstrated through the support faculty and staff provide students from beginning to end of their academic career, preparing each student with a strong foundation for academic success.
The role of Associate Dean, Student Learning, is responsible for the direct management of the Center for Academic Success (CAS) and the SIMCARE Center and provides leadership to ensure effective collaboration to achieve positive student outcomes.
Chamberlain's sophisticated simulation facilities closely replicate clinical settings. The skills labs feature high-tech training equipment, including patient monitoring, birthing simulators and physical assessment exam tables. It helps students develop and apply their clinical knowledge in simulated medical situations with lifelike mannequin patients. Many students point to their experience in simulation as the first time they felt like a "real nurse."
The CAS is instrumental in promoting student success and in increasing students' potential for passing the NCLEX-RN. Working directly with students, the CAS identifies students' strengths, learning styles, and areas requiring further remediation plans.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Academics to ensure all areas of the Student Experience align with curricula to obtain the highest levels of student achievement and satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the Simulation Operations Specialists to ensure labs are properly maintained and meet Chamberlain standards regarding the level and type of equipment.
- Prepare capital requests for the CAS and Simulation Center as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified staff and monitor their performance.
- Develop and implement appropriate CAS programs and monitor student success.
- Monitor effectiveness of CAS and Simulation Center and implement action plans to support ongoing student success.
- Work with national library staff to ensure holdings support curriculum.
- Responsible for ensuring theory, clinical and lab schedules accommodate student needs.
- Write quarterly and annual reports detailing the challenges and accomplishments of the CAS and Simulation Center and provide recommendations for addressing any deficit areas.
- Analyze student academic data and makes recommendations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- This role may be required to carry a small course load.
- Masters' of Science in Nursing required; Doctorate preferred.
- Professional nurse licensure.
- Minimum three years' experience in a leadership role within an academic environment.
- Previous experience as a nurse educator preferred.
- Three to five years' strong clinical experience in acute patient care and/or medical-surgical nursing and/or emergency or trauma condition, as well as excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Experience with human patient simulators.
- Experienced with the supervision and management of direct reports within a department.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experienced with database administration; MS Access knowledge considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working within a matrix management system.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.