The CAS is instrumental in promoting student success and in increasing students’ potential for passing the NCLEX-RN. Working directly with students and faculty, the CAS identifies students' strengths, learning styles, and areas requiring further remediation plans.
- Work with Academics to ensure all areas of the Student Experience align with curricula to obtain the highest levels of student achievement and satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the Simulation Operations Specialists to ensure the labs are properly maintained and meet Chamberlain standards regarding the level and type of equipment.
- Prepare capital requests for the CAS and SIMCARE Center as needed.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified staff and monitor their performance.
- Develop and implement appropriate CAS programs and monitor student success.
- Monitor effectiveness of CAS and SIMCARE Center and implement action plans to support ongoing student success.
- Work with national library staff to ensure holdings support curriculum; all holdings are reviewed and vetted through national library committee.
- Responsible for ensuring theory, clinical and lab schedules accommodate student needs
- Write quarterly and annual reports detailing the challenges and accomplishments of the CAS and SIMCARE Center and provide recommendations for addressing any deficit areas.
- Analyze student academic data and makes recommendations
- Complete other duties as assigned. This role may be required to carry a small course load.
- Master’s of Science in Nursing; doctorate preferred
- Professional nurse licensure.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a leadership role within an academic environment.
- Previous experience as a nurse educator preferred.
- Three to Five years’ strong clinical experience in acute patient care and/or medical-surgical nursing and/or emergency or trauma condition as well as excellent knowledge and understanding of human pathophysiology.
- Experience with human patient simulators
- Experienced with the supervision and management of direct reports within a department.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Experienced with database administration – MS Access knowledge considered a plus.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: student, faculty and staff. Strong sense of customer service.
- Must be familiar with and comfortable working within a matrix management system.